|Ralph x Reader|

A/n: Some more love for our sweet and crazy dumpling, Ralph! Part two of the previous Connor one shot is next! Love you all!!!
(B/n)= Brother's name
~✨Celestial✨~
••••••••••••••••
~(Y/n)'s POV~

"I can't believe (B/n) wants ice cream at midnight!" I shout angrily, entering the convenience store that was just down the street from our apartment. The cashier glanced at me confusingly as I headed to the freezer section. I grabbed a pint of chocolate ice cream and continued to curse my brother under my breath as the cashier rang up my item.

"Everything alright?" He asked as I handed him my credit card.

"If you count my brother craving ice cream at midnight alright, then, yeah."

"Little brother?"

"No. Grown-ass big brother who had surgery a few days ago. I asked him before we got home from the hospital today if he wanted ice cream, but he said no. And now, he's changed his mind. I love him and I know he's in pain, but I hate making midnight runs to the convenience store just for dessert."

"Know how that feels. Well, I hope your brother feels better. Here's his ice cream and your card."

"Thanks. Who knows? You might see me again tomorrow night, too." I left the store with the ice cream in a small paper bag and slid my card in my pocket.

Walking down the street, the breeze cooled my heated skin. I sighed as it whipped through my (h/c) hair and cooled the back of my neck. As I was passing an abandoned house, the sound of rattling and mumbling resounded from the other side of the fence. Due to it being covered, I couldn't tell who was behind the sounds. Curiosity got ahold of me and I climbed the fence. My leg snagged the top, creating a cut along my calf. "Ugh, great..."

Now on the opposite side of the fence, I explore the house as the door was unlocked. The floorboards creaked as I entered what used to be a living room. In silence, I walk across the room and check the kitchen. In the far right corner, there was an android scratching something on the wall with a knife. I refused to call out to the machine as he was mumbling incoherently to himself.

An uneasy feeling washed over me and I took a step towards him. My foot came in contact with a bucket and warned the android of my presence. I swallowed hard as he turned around with his knife raised. I ran out of the kitchen when I saw the insanity in his one good eye. Before I could reach the front door, I was grabbed and pinned against a wall. The android pressed the knife to my throat and I felt my entire body shaking.

"Ralph doesn't like intruders. Why is human here?"

"I-I'm sorry. I heard s-something and climbed the fence to see what it was. I-I didn't know you lived here." Something flickered in his right eye and he removed the knife from my throat. He stepped away from me and I sighed in relief.

"Ralph didn't mean to scare nice human. Ralph only wants to protect himself. Humans hurt Ralph."

"Why do you think I'm nice when we've only just met?"

"You haven't hurt Ralph like other humans." He ran a hand over the left side of his face.

"Someone did this to you?" I question.

"Yes. Human burnt Ralph. Then, Ralph escaped from bad human."

"I'm guessing your name is Ralph," I murmur to myself.

"What is human's name?" The android suddenly asked.

"I'm (Y/n). It's nice to meet you, Ralph."

"(Y/n)... (Y/n) is nice and kind. Ralph knows he can trust her."