|Daniel x Reader| {Part I}

A/n: Daniel needs love after what happened to him in the beginning of the game. Minor spoilers, but nothing major. Love you all!!!
~✨Celestial✨~
••••••••••••••••
~(Y/n)'s POV~

I heard a knock on the door of my apartment. Opening the door, I was greeted by Daniel and Emma. The little girl handed me a small invitation that had a heart on it. "I hope you decide to come, (Y/n)." The android smiled and I couldn't help but send him one in return. I opened the letter and read it.

Would you like to have dinner with us? It's tonight at six!
~Emma~

I kneeled in front of Emma and took her small hand in mine. "I'd love to have dinner with you and your family, Emma. I'll be up around five-fifty, okay?"

Emma wrapped her arms around my neck and gave me a hug. "I can't wait!"

I hugged her in return before she jumped from my arms and returned to her apartment with Daniel. With the dinner only a few hours away, I decided to do a few chores before taking a shower and getting ready. I finished all I needed at five-forty and only had ten minutes to burn. I read a few pages of a book before leaving my apartment and heading to the stairs. Since the Phillips lived on the floor above me, it would be pointless to use the elevator.

I knocked on their door and Daniel answered. "It's nice to see you, (Y/n)."

"I'm glad you're finally using my first name, Daniel. We've known each other for almost a year."

He steps aside and lets me in the beautiful apartment. "You're like family to the four of us."

"It's nice to have a family like you, Emma, John, and Caroline. I lost my real family a few years back, but now I've found a new one." Daniel smiles and we head to the kitchen. Inside, Caroline was making finishing touches on dinner. "It's so nice to see you again, (Y/n). I'm glad you could make it. Emma just loves it when you come over. You're like an aunt to her."

"I enjoy spending time with her, too. Do you need any help, Carol?" I offered.

"No, sweetheart. You're our guest. Daniel, go get John and Emma. Dinner's ready."

The android walks away as Caroline placed the dishes on the table. I sat down and got comfortable. Josh, Emma, and Daniel entered the kitchen. The young girl sat next to me as Daniel sat across from us. Caroline and John sat at either end and we started dinner. Even though Daniel doesn't need to eat, it was nice to have him sitting with us. The five of us felt like a family as we talked together.

It was around eight by the time we were finished talking. We finished dinner an hour and a half ago, but we kept on chatting. Emma had gotten up and yawned. She rubbed her eyes and I smiled at her. "Sleepy, sweetheart?"

She nods and I saw her droopy eyes. I stood from my seat and took her hand. "Is it alright if I tuck her in?" I ask Caroline and John.

"Go right ahead, (Y/n)," John smiled. I took Emma to her room and watched as she crawled onto her bed and got under the covers. I tucked her in and she smiled up at me. "Aunt (Y/n), could you tell me a story?"

"Of course."

As I told her a small fairytale, I noticed Daniel entered and sat down in Emma's desk chair. He listened intently as I continued my story. Before I reached the end of my tale, Emma had fallen asleep. I finished it since Daniel was still listening and wanted to hear the ending. "The end."

"You're an amazing storyteller, (Y/n)," Daniel beams.

"It's all thanks to my mom. She would tell me the most interesting stories when she tucked me in for the night."