XIX. Ire

Twitter: @escapetomichael / Tumblr: 5sos-fan-base.tumblr.com

ire (noun): belligerence aroused by a real or supposed wrong (personified as one of the deadly sins)

-Jess's Point of View-

I was curled up in bed, weeping hysterically at the situation I had been forced into. My pillow was varnished with tears of grief and ail. When I fell for Luke, I believed him and forgot about the possibility of being hurt after everything I had been through. I trusted him when he told me that he would be there to protect and shield me from the rest of the potentially harmful world.

I had been abominably wrong. I seemed that all he was interested in was my body and after he had achieved his goal, his next move was to back out and he did. He was probably already in bed with some random harlot while I was here alone, moping about my broken heart. However, as much as I wanted to hate him for his deeds, the love I had accumulated for him over the time I had known him was too strong to be forgotten easily.

My ears perked up as I heard an ambulance sirens blazing outside. My instinct caused me to think of the worst possible scenario. Fearing something had happened to Harry, any of my friends or even Luke, I sprinted outside just in time to view Liam being lifted onto a stretcher. He was heavily bruised and bleeding from his nose and mouth. I gasped as I noticed how droopy his eyes looked.

Something on the right caught my eye and I turned only to see a police officer placing handcuffs on Luke's wrists, who seemed to be enraged and was breathing heavily. I watched how his chest contracted and relaxed with the ragged breaths he was inhaling. Just before he was hauled into the back seat of the vehicle, he cast a glance in my direction. His blue orbs softened as sadness crept up in them, causing me to being crying for the second time in half an hour.

"Luke!" I found myself shouting as I ran to the police car. I was reaching for the handle when my brother's large, muscular arms wrapped around me and held me in place. I bent into his chest and tried to free myself. I was almost face to face with Luke through the glass window. The expression on his face couldn't be described. There was hope, definitely hope, that I would yank the door open but I just wasn't able to.

"Jess, stop," Harry ordered and spun me around to face him. He tried to wipe the tears off my cheeks but they were soon replaced by fresh, rawer ones. He pulled me into an immobile embrace as he began trying to soothe me. I heard the vehicles start their engines and my heart sunk all the way to my colon. I stole one last look at Luke, which he returned, breaking my heart into more pieces than I thought were possible.

I cried into Harry's chest and fisted the fabric of his flannel shirt, as soon as the police and ambulance were out of sight. The rest of our friends began filing into the cabin, obviously not being able to recover from the shock and began asking each other what had happened in order to put the pieces together. I pulled back from my brother and peered into his green eyes. I loved how we had the exact same intensity of color, it made us look more alike.

"What happened?" I asked quietly, choking on my own words.

"I don't know. Niall noticed them from the window and we ran here to pull Luke off of Liam. Jade called the ambulance," Harry explained gently while beginning to stroke my hair.

"Who called the police?" I questioned. He just shook his head, telling me he had no idea. "Luke wouldn't just attack him for no reason. I know him, Harry."

"You don't, Jessie. There are sides to Luke you haven't seen yet, and I hope you never will,

 He said, his eyes dark and engulfed in anger.