III. Adjustment

Twitter - @escapetomichael / Tumblr - http://5sos-fan-base.tumblr.com

Copyright © 2014 Makayla B.

adjustment (noun): a change that someone makes in their behaviour or attitude

-Jess's Point of View-

The three boys ran into the foyer and stopped short when they laid their eyes on me. I glanced at their unfamiliar faces, growing uncomfortable under their stares. I pulled my hair tie off my wrist and threw my hair into a messy bun, trying to keep myself busy to kill the awkward situation. I noticed that all four lads were incredibly tall which made me feel like a dwarf. I glanced at Ashton for help and he cleared his throat, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"Guys, this is Jess." He motioned to me as if I was some sort of phenomenon. For a moment I actually thought they weren't going to say anything and continue staring, but one of them approached me. I felt a huge grin spread across my face as I stopped feeling like a freak. He had jet black hair and resembled Asians. He was very cute, might I add.

"I'm Calum." He said, shaking my hand. I was mistaken, his Australian accent proved he was an Aussie in fact. I smiled at him politely and noticed how nervous he was. His hands were shaking ever so slightly, making me feel terribly guilty. 

The next boy had galaxy dyed hair, styled in all different directions. It suited him really well and I'm not going to lie, it was attractive. He was damn attractive. His grayish-green eyes seemed so friendly yet so deep. He smiled from ear to ear, showing off his perfect teeth. Judging by the multicolored hair, I guessed he was Michael.

"Michael Clifford." He announced, only confirming my suspicions. He brought me into his arms and held me for a moment, making me feel comfortable and welcomed once again. I grinned as we pulled apart and noticed Ashton smirking in the corner. I lifted an eyebrow as if asking him what he found so funny.

My eyes drifted to the last lad, who hadn't approached me yet. He seemed the quiet and resourced type. Damn, he was hot though. His pale, blue eyes seemed to pierce right through my forest green ones. His blond hair was drawn up in a quiff and on the sides of his face. I noticed the black lip ring in the corner of his mouth, it only made him more desirable. Figuring he was probably too shy, I stepped forward so that I was standing right in front of him. I stuck my hand out, hoping he would accept it.

"Jess." I uttered, trying my best to sound friendly even though I was sure he didn't want me in his house.

"L-Luke." He stammered, not taking his eyes off me. He frantically shook my hand and let go in a flash. His eyes diverted to the floor and stayed there. 

"Now that we've all met, let's order some food and get to know each other better." Michael squealed, impersonating a teenage girl. He squeezed my shoulders and sent me a sexy smile. He and Ashton were definitely my favorites for far, personality wise. They were funny and seemed genuinely nice. Calum wasn't really interested in meeting me and Luke was beyond shy.

~~~

We all sat in a circle on the living room floor. Calum ordered the most delicious pizza I've ever tasted. Luke still hadn't spoken, me not knowing whether or not I should take it personally. I decided to ignore it and talk to the others.

"So, do you guys live with your parents?" I asked, eyeing the quite modern house. I wondered how they could pay for all of it, knowing their band wasn't very popular according to Ashton. 

"Hell no, ya think we're babies?" Michael placed a hand on his chest and fluttered his eyes, pretending to be hurt. I pouted and we burst into laughter, everyone except Luke. It has only been forty-five minutes since I arrived but his silence was starting to get irritating. I decided to talk to one of the guys about it.