Chapter Twenty One~Road Trip!

(Next day)
Dylan's POV

"Alex that's the ugliest shirt I've ever seen and I'm not letting you travel out the state with it on. Put it back in your closet."

It was currently four-twelve in the morning and we were packing for our trip to Tennessee for the football championship game today. This should've been something we did yesterday but of course, we decided to be your average lazy and unprepared teens. We're supposed to be at the school by five AM and I truly hope Alex and I make it in time.

"What do you mean? I don't see the problem with it."

He protests, referring to the most tackiest shirt I've ever seen being held in his hand. I had repeatedly told him to put back but he refused to give it up. I'm honestly not in the mood for his crap, it's to fucking early for this.

"It literally looks like it was designed by a four year old!"

"Ugh you're such a cranky asshole in the morning."

Alex accuses, rolling his eyes and chucking the shirt back into his closet. I sigh exceptionally loud and flop down onto his bed face first, breathing in the calming scent of it. I'm so not a morning person.

"So you want me to drive you to your house to pick up a couple of your outfits and stuff, correct?"

I turn my head and look at him with a frown, narrowing my eyes in confusion.

"Uhm no, I don't want to step one foot in that house. I'm obviously not welcome there."

"C'mon Dylan don't be ridiculous, of course you're welcome there. Not to mention that you can't hold this grudge forever. Don't you miss Jada? Your sweet adorable little sister who's probably wondering where her one and only big brother has been for the past four days."

He says, sitting down next to me and placing a hand on my shoulder. I close my eyes and ponder on his words, reminiscing of the time where my life was so much easier and less complicated. The time when my parents were fine, the time when I thought I was straight and wasn't in love with my best friend. But, he was the best thing to ever happen to me and I honestly wouldn't change the way things turned out between us.

"Dylan?"

"Oh sorry. You're right, I shouldn't hold this against her forever. When we come back from Tennessee I'll go home and try to fix things with her. But for now, I'm wearing some of your clothes."

I respond with a small smile that he returns with a grin, nodding his head in agreement. Alex was right. Whether I accept it or not, I need my family and they need me. The only concern is if my parents will except me as who I am if one day I decide to tell them. Guess l'll just cross that bridge when it comes along.

"Whatchu thinking about cutie?"

"Nothing, just that we better move our asses so we can make it to the school on time."

I lie, chuckling as Alex looks at the clock on his wall and gasps because of how little time we had. He jumps up from the bed and rushes to his closet, grabbing a simple pair of joggers and a blue t-shirt to pack for our approximately seven hour trip. We were gonna be gone for a couple days coach said. As soon as our team arrives, we will rest a little while at the hotel he picked out for us before practicing a bit then driving to the college that the championship game is being held.