Chapter Four~Attention

Dylan's POV

"You heard the lady. Don't destroy the house Dylan."

I scoff at his statement, somewhat offended by it.

"Me? You should take your own advise Lex."

"What did I tell you about calling me that?"

He states, reminding me that he had never liked that nick name because it sounded too girlish like.

"But it's cute though."

I tease. He mumbles an insult under his breath, walking into the kitchen and tossing out the left over food.

"I'm bored, we should call Anthony and them over for a movie night or something. DD won't mind I'm sure."

I suggest. He complies with a nod.

"But Joseph sick ass isn't stepping one foot into this damn house."

He warns. I didn't even have to ask why the boy was sick, figuring it was because of something utterly stupid. I click on Anthony's name in my phone, telling him to contact the girls and make sure they meet us here in thirty minutes. Alex and I start setting things up. Like snacks and all that other good stuff, along with changing into a simple pair of shorts and a T-shirt.

The doorbell signals and I rush to the wooden rectangle, opening it to greet our friends. The three of them rush in with mounds of candy clutched in their hands. Yeah, our teeth are definitely not gonna be okay after this. Neither will our dentist. They walk past me and head towards the living room where Alex was seated on the couch.

"Sup dude."

Anthony greets casually, taking a seat on the floor and getting comfortable. I will never get why that dude likes laying on the floor so much. Every time we ask he'd be like 'it's comfortable' or something of that sort.

The girls take a seat next to Alex after grabbing the remote in order to go through Netflix and find something for us to watch. I stand in front of them with a smug smile that gave off the vibe of 'move over'. They immediately get the gist and scoot aside so I could place myself next to Alex.

"He's not the boss of you guys Maya and Claire."

My best friend says with an eye roll as soon as I take a seat next to him.

"We don't wanna you know, get in the way of what y'all two got going on. Who knows what he'd do."

They say smirking with a fake shudder. Sometimes I question if those two are normal.

"Oh shut up and pick something to watch."

~*~

It was almost eight o'clock and everything was dark, the only light coming from the tv. I glance around the big room, taking in its surroundings. Everyone was deep into the movie. Anthony sprawled out on the floor clutching a pillow facing the screen while Claire and Maya waited in anticipation of what was to happen next.

Alex sat staring at the TV, just as interested as the rest. Was I the only one not enjoying this as much as they were? Sighing, I softly poke Alex's cheek with my finger trying to get his attention. He swats my hand away in attempt to shoo me off.