Chapter 28 - Fan name project!!

Hello all!

As some of you may know I have launched 'The fan name project' as a way of thanking my readers for being so ace!! So here it is - the chapter featuring my four starlets of the week - Shelley Burbank (author of Disguised), Nikki Kelly (author of the styclar saga - LAILAH), Lainey Reed (simply amazing) and Annie Gautum ( an avid reader and highly entertaining)! If you would like to be a part of this project - it's ongoing so drop me a line and we'll see what we can do!

 Check them out @ShelleyBurbank, @TheStyclarSaga, @SkyLyte and @soundsabit02.

Enjoy the chapter, here it is!

What a perfect day to get married – It was hard not to admire the blanket of blue sky above - I was just finishing off getting ready when I heard a loud thump on my hotel room door.

‘Who is it?’ I asked, impatiently.

‘It’s Lainey – I’m a friend of the brides – Can you open up for a minute please?’

I fixed the last clip onto my loose bun –voila! I was ready – finally.

Tiptoeing towards the door – I could feel the frilly hem of my red dress rub against my knees – ‘What can I do for you?’

I couldn’t see anything through the small peep hole – ‘Just open up for a moment.’

I opened the door and was confronted by a young girl - she was no more than twenty one- twenty two at the very most. She wore a yellow dress, black shoulder length hair and spoke with a strong Jamaican accent – but it was her eyes that stood out the most – they were grey with orange specks that dotted around the edge of her pupils.

‘How can I help?’

She shifted her gaze to the left hand side - a look of concern embedded across her face. ‘Erm.’

Before she had a chance to finish her sentence – she was pushed forwards by a blonde girl with long wavy hair – wearing thick rimmed glasses and a wedding dress! ‘Get out my way, Lainey – I need water, can someone please get me some WATER!’

I rushed over to the dresser and poured some water into a glass – ‘Here you go. ‘I said, handing it to her.

Sitting on the edge of my bed, her beautiful white dress moulded into her petite frame perfectly, and she kept looking up at me with her big blue eyes. Drinking the water in large gulps, I noticed her breathing was quite erratic. ‘Yuk’. She said, handing me back the glass. ‘I can’t drink this.

‘I’m sorry, it’s all I have.’

‘I can’t breathe. ‘She said, clutching her chest. ‘Jesus, did someone put cucumber in my food last night?’

‘Well if someone did I don’t know anything about it,’ replied Lainey. ‘Look Nikki, you have an hour until the ceremony starts – you’d better get your act together.’

‘What if it was Giles? He’d do something like that!’ she looked up at me again this time - with pleading eyes. ‘He’s always trying to get me to eat my poxy greens! I’ve told him I’m allergic to vegetables, I always have been – Jesus how hard is it for him to understand that?’

‘Sorry guys.’ I interrupted. ‘But is there anything I can help you with?’

The girl in the wedding dress glanced over at me again – but this time she eyed me up and down suspiciously. ‘Do I know you?’

‘I’m a friend of Poppy’s - she invited me to come today.’

‘You know Poppy?’ she said jumping up on her feet. ‘Where is she? Tell her to get here immediately!’