Chapter 4

'It's good to meet you.' He said, shaking my hand with his own edible man paw.

The scent of his aftershave wafted up my nose leaving a dull ache in the pit of my stomach.

'You, too,’ I choked.

There was something so arrogant about him and I usually detested that in a man – but for reasons unbeknownst to me I was unequivocally, ridiculously and hopelessly in love! There I said it – LOVE! The universe had somehow brought us together and who was I to argue with such a formidable force?

 Looking over at Izzy, I soon realised I wasn’t the only one hyperventilating. 'Tell him your name.' She laughed, nervously.

'I'm Jennifer but call me Jen if you prefer,’

 'Well, hello Jennifer or Jen. I'm Jason Greene.’

They both broke out in laughter and I wasn't sure whether to join them or to be insulted. What was so funny? I wasn't going to apologise if I didn't fit into the half - starved, humour ridden world of Hollywood. And if Jason Greene thought even for one moment of his beautiful existence that I was just a piece of feminine fluff – I’d make it my life’s mission to show him otherwise!

The door swung open again but this time in walked Miss World, no wait – try Miss Universe. Blonde; blue eyed, ten feet tall, Rapunzel – like hair – you know, just your typical everyday nightmare. Like Jason she too snapped on gum and I wondered if that was the 'in' thing to do.

'This came through on the fax.' she said, shoving some paper into Jason's hand,

Alas! Every beauty does have its flaw and she was living breathing proof. It was her monotone - voice that was the dead giveaway – as soon as she opened her perfect pout I knew instantly that she was a pernickety, punctilious prude with the kind of arrogance, that super-ceded even Jason's!

She was just heading for the door when he grabbed her by the arm.  'Wait. I want you to meet Jennifer, or Jen,’ he said with a smirk.

'Which one is she?' She asked, not giving Izzy and me a second look.

 'Jennifer, meet Alison. She's my full time assistant, she helps out with anything non – rehearsal, such as admin, travel and so forth, she’s pretty much my rock, there’s nothing our Ali can’t do.’

Her condescending smile was enough to make me want to puke right there and then - and as we shook hands her bracelet – (which was definitely a Tiffany’s how original) rubbed against my, wrist creating a red mark - the first of many.

Did you enjoy this Chapter?

If the answer is yes let the author, know, by voting once you've finished.

Have a great day!