Chapter 8

I was hypnotised, completely (and pathetically) spellbound. What other excuse was there for my sudden loss of ALL perception and basic human instinct?

 It was those piercing blue eyes – they just stirred something up inside me, and those lips!

Kissable doesn’t cut it.

He was basically a walking Davidoff advert!

 All this taken into consideration; I might have actually spotted the waiter way before he had a chance to crash smack bang into me had I not lost all my senses.

'Please forgive me Madam!’ cried the waiter, as he rushed around me scooping off congealed gravy from my top.

'It's, okay,’ I whispered, ‘if you let me go to the bathroom,’

It was as if he didn’t hear a word I was saying, he continued dabbing a cold wet cloth all over my top half, muttering swear words under his breath.

And then he started wailing. 'I told them not put up the bloody partition! And what do they do? This place is a death trap!’

Like that wasn’t enough, I was very quickly surrounded by a group of waiters fussing round me, each, of them peeling off bits of carrot and potato from my skirt. What killed me was Jason had witnessed the whole thing and not even bothered coming over.

In fact, when I looked towards the bar – he had completely disappeared! The scene was so horrifying all I wanted to do was get out of there.

'Here you go. This should help.'  It was that voice again. The one that made me feel so alive.

 I turned round and there was Jason holding up a dark blue dress and with the price tag swinging like a pendulum, I nearly had kittens when I saw the price!

 It was from Bottega Veneta – say no more.

  'How did you get this?' I asked,

 'The guy who owns the shop next door is a good friend of mine,’ he smirked, ‘it’s only on hire, so please don’t go getting into anymore brawls with waiters,’

And there it was. I was officially in love.

As if I didn’t have enough to deal with.

 Part two.

 'Well now, that was an interesting start to the evening.'

I was gushing, glowing even!  'I guess it was.'

 There was a short silence as we both scanned our menus and the best part was there was no awkwardness! They say that’s a good thing right?

Soul-mate level love!?

It was like a dream – for one, the dress fit me really well and accentuated all my assets perfectly – gone was the gravy stained body top and unflattering flowery skirt.

I was a goddess! (Even if I do say so myself)

 And I even managed to salvage the last bit of my red Chanel lipstick that had been loitering in my handbag for months, granted it was a little grainy but it did the trick. It really is amazing what you can do in a powder room in two minutes given the right tools!

'I think I’ll go for the lobster’ he folded the menu and set it onto the table, ‘what tickles your fancy Jennifer?’

YOU I wanted to yell (don’t worry, I didn’t dare),

'I’m not sure, any suggestions?'

The candle light only made his eyes more swoon – worthy.  I really was reaching my limit!