Chapter 5

It was my first day off from rehearsal in weeks – and in that time I’d been pulled and prodded like some science experiment by the people in the hair and make-up team - the up side?  My hair looked fantastic!

It had finally forgiven me for all the years of GHD – Vo5 – Aussie no drama - disasters and was replaced with perfect frizz - free brown tousles - a true miracle! Julian was my designated stylist – (yes Shadow Productions had their very own team of expert hairdressers), a couple of them had even flown in from Paris!

I had my very own dressing room (check me out!) and wardrobe and each morning a basket of fruit would get delivered to my room followed by a crate of still bottled water.

 Jason was very strict about my diet and I had to drink the recommended eight glasses a day and pack in as much fruit as possible. I’d lost half a stone in just under four weeks and could now fit into size six Abercrombie’s – a dream for many but not me - I missed my pert butt and toned legs but at least my new hair and dewy complexion made up for it. Not.

Being that it was my day off - Scott and I decided to go into Hollows Creek – a place for keen fishers and (weather permitting) sunbathers alike.

 He was never all that good at fishing - in fact, he completely sucked at it! It would kill him to admit it because to Scott Lincoln sucking at anything was a fate worse than death. But his luck must have been in because low and behold just two hours in and he caught a fish! (A small one) but a fish all the same and not some rusty old number plate or tin can as per.

‘Did you see the size of that thing?’ he said, throwing himself down onto the blanket next to me – grinning from ear to ear.

’Err, yeah, it was humongous,’

‘Right?’

‘Right,’

Grabbing a can of cola, he took the longest swig and finished the whole thing in one go. The fact that most guys have the ability to consume so much fizz and not end up barfing everywhere truly amazed me.  ‘What’re you up to?’ he asked, crushing the can into a pathetic heap.

‘Practicing my lines,’

‘Again? Geez, workaholic much?’

‘It’s called success Scott, you should try it sometime.’

Tucking both arms behind his head, he shifted into a more comfortable position. ‘Oh believe me, I know all about success.’

 'You do?’ There was a short silence and I could tell he had one of his ‘heads’ on. ‘Spill,’ I probed getting increasingly angry with myself for feeding into his narcissism.

‘Some of us like to keep our modesty intact Jen.’

‘So you finally caught a fish huh?’ I knew that would get to him.

 ‘That’s it Miss Smarty pants,’ he said jumping to his feet, ‘up you get!’

‘Nope,’ I replied, coolly

'Buck, buck, buck, buck,’

‘By all means, continue making those silly noises while I work on being a star.’

  ‘Come on chicken get those shoes off!’

'And why would I do that?’

'Just trust me this should help you with your lines.’ He said, reaching his arms down to pull me up.

I felt really silly as we stood facing each other bare – footed (and probably way too close for my liking) but if it meant me remembering my lines – well, a girl’s gotta do what a girl’s gotta do right?

He circled around me and then stopped, resting his hand on my shoulder. 'Relax.’  He whispered.

I decided to shut my eyes for full effect and that’s when I felt him circle round me some more and then he made a sudden stop in front of me. Seriously, he was that close I could smell the cola on his breath!

I kept thinking now would be a really good time for a natural disaster to take place – nothing major just a mini earthquake or volcano. ‘Perfect’ his tone was hoarse and this made me chuckle (inwardly), ‘now place your feet firmly in to the grass and feel the sensation of it moving in between your toes, breathe it all in.'

 'Exactly how is this going to help me?'

He didn't answer and I knew he was becoming frustrated by my constant questioning so I decided to stop talking and continue praying for that volcano. Suddenly I could feel a wet sensation in between my shoulder blades – oh my god! Scott Lincoln’s lips were on me – eeeew! Eeew! My mind conjured images of me kneeing him in the balls and doing a runner.

But just like Elsa – I was ‘frozen’.

Eventually after enduring another sixty seconds of what can only be described as hell I was saved by the bell – or should I say ‘’I phone – 4’’   'Sorry, I err, have to get this,’

‘Sure,’ he shrugged throwing himself back down onto the blanket – cool as a cucumber – Oh how I hated him at times.

Looking at the message flashing across the screen sure knocked me out of any impending Scot issues I can tell you.

 ‘Get your butt down to Shadow Productions. Jason wants to see you ASAP, Izzy.’