Chapter 20: Confrontation

"Wait, how did-"

"What happened?"

"Where are we?"

"Since when could he do that!?"

Everyone started spewing what felt like a million questions while I was still trying to process everything that happened in the last hour. All of their voices seemed to echo in my head, I couldn't think.

"EVERYONE SHUT UP!" I screamed suddenly. Everyone became quiet.

"Sir," Toast said. He put a hand on my shoulder to comfort me. "I understand useless banter gets on your nerves, but they're all asking questions you have to be thinking to yourself right now."

"Of course I am! I-I... I just feel like they're adding pressure to an already stressful situation," I explained as I faced the small crowd of officers that were now staring at me. I decided to take authority, as Maloney looked like his brain exploded. I took a deep breath and slowly let it out before approaching the officers.

"How far away from the city are we?" I asked the four of them.

"We're about three miles out," One said. I looked at the name sown on her uniform, and it read "Doodle".

"Alright, Officer Doodle," I said, trying to prevent myself from snickering at her name, "How long will it take to get back?"

"You're kidding right?" Officer Graden said, "The city is literally on fire right now." I turned around to see he was right, the city was on fire.

"Great," I mumbled to myself. "That still doesn't answer my question. How long will it take to go back?"

"Well, even if you were fast, it would take about half an hour to get there," Doodle said. I looked at the burning city in the distance, and was suddenly filled with determination at the sight of my hometown on fire.

"Right," I said with my confidence building up. "I'm going back! City on fire or not! (Y/n) is there, and I refuse to leave her behind!"

"Get out of my way!" I screeched as I tried to push my way through the waves of screaming, terrified people trying to leave the city. They were running away from the danger, but I was heading towards it. Getting sick of being pushed back, I let out a scream of frustration, pulled out my knife, and started stabbing the people in my way.

"Took you long enough," (Y/n) said. The people started running in all different directions to try and avoid me. My adrenaline rose as more people got in my way, stabbing them with delight. It's been a long time since I've been on a killing spree, and I loved this. A crazed grin appeared on my blood stained face as I stabbed more, breaking out into maniacal laughter. Soon enough, everyone had scattered, leaving me a panting bloody mess, still grinning as I made my way to the center, a large number of bodies on the ground behind me.

"Gregory!" I screamed, "You didn't think I'd give up on you that easily, did you!? Show yourself!" For the first few minutes, there was nothing. As I was getting incredibly frustrated, he finally showed up.

"You could've left," He said behind me. I quickly whipped around to face him.

"And let you destroy everything I know? Take away my only chance to have my own head again? Let you kill the one person that matters to me!?" I screamed, holding back tears. He looked shocked, and genuinely upset.

"Keep it together Jimmy, we can do this," (Y/n) encouraged me. I took a deep breath held my knife up.

"I... I hoped it wouldn't come to this... I wanted to let you take this body and live the way you wanted to, but I needed to be free again!" He exclaimed, clearly insane. "Do you know what it's like to be trapped in a knife!? Especially one that had ended hundreds of lives, including my own!? No, you don't! Because you got to live with Ghost while I was tortured every day!" He screamed back as he lunged at me. I easily dodged and swung at him, cutting his cheek right beneath his left eye. He growled and jumped at me. I yelped in surprise as he tackled me to the ground. He tried to stab my neck, but I caught his wrist with my free hand and stabbed his arm with the other. He didn't even flinch. I continued to stab, and do my best to keep the knife away from my throat, but the knife kept inching closer.

{Wow! That took longer than I expected! Heh... *Dodges a lawnmower* ... Nothing you throw at me surprises me anymore... Anyway! Thank you all for reading, and I'll see you guys in the next one!}