Chapter 18: Where Did He Go?

"This is the police! Release your hostages and come out with your hands up immediately!" Detective Maloney called from outside.

"Is that Maloney?" Jimmy asked as I put him down next to Toast.

"Yes, he got promoted after escaping your last attack here, and telling the world (Y/n) was you!" I exclaimed.

"Sir, what are we going to do? You know they will search the house," Toast said. There was more banging on the door upstairs.

"This is your last warning! Come out with your hands up, or we will have to use lethal force to take you in!"

"Tie him up, and hide him in the secret area behind the false wardrobe," I said as I started for the stairs.

"H-Hey!" Jimmy stuttered as he tried to follow me. Toast held him back with ease. "I'll cooperate! You don't have to treat me like you used to!" I ignored him and continued up the stairs and to the door. I opened the door and held my hands up to show I wasn't hostile even though I still had my gun in my left hand. Detective Maloney quickly took the gun from me.

"The guy that broke in is in the kitchen. He might be dead, I'm not sure," I said as I gestured for him to come in.

"It wasn't Casket?" Maloney asked as he and four other officers came inside.

"No, I haven't see Casket for nearly a year," I lied convincingly, "Why? Is Casket back in town!?" I exclaimed to make myself more convincing. Maloney didn't seem to think anything was off. The other officers started searching the house.

"Yeah," He said a little less tensely, "Your neighbor claimed to see her break in a while ago."

"Must've been paranoia from last time he was here," I said emphasizing the word he.

"Ghost," Maloney started, "I know you don't want to think (Y/n) is a serial killer but-" I cut him off.

"I don't think she's not a serial killer, I know she isn't one," I corrected him he sighed and shook his head.

"Ghost, you really need to face reality and let this go! If it's necessary, I'll even help you pay for counseling-"

"No kind of counseling could help what I went through when he was in my head!" I yelled back. Maloney was shocked. I quickly realized what I had just done and put a hand to my head and sat down on the couch.

"Sir, we've checked every inch of the house," One of the officers said to Maloney as he came into the room, "Casket is nowhere to be found, but we did find blood and signs of a struggle in the kitchen."

"Do what you need to Officer Graden, I'm going to ask Ghost questions about the event," Maloney replied.

"Don't you want me to take notes?" Officer Graden asked.

"I've got it this time," Maloney replied. Officer Graden left hesitantly, and Maloney sat across from me.

"What did you mean by ''when he was in my head''?" Maloney asked quietly after Officer Graden left.

"Robinson wasn't technically wrong when he accused me of being Casket," I started, "I had no idea until after Jimmy killed me and himself." Maloney nodded.

"So, he's like a ghost then? Possessing (Y/n)?" Maloney asked.

"Not exactly," I said, "If he were a ghost, I would've known a long time ago, he would show up on my ghost detecting equipment."

"Then what is he?"

"I don't know," I admitted, "I don't even think he knows! I do know he can't leave whoever he possesses without special circumstances, meaning he becomes attached a lot easier than a ghost would."

"What does that mean for (Y/n)?" Maloney asked.

"It means, until he can move again, she's stuck with him." I said grimly.

"Is this really necessary?" Jimmy asked as he struggled against the ropes I used to hold him in place. "At least give me some good reasons to be tied up!"

"One, Johnny thought it was necessary. Two, I think it's necessary. Three, you're a well-known mental case. Four, you tried to kill me. Five, you killed Johnny, yourself, and (Y/n), whom now is your host. Six, I don't much like you. Finally, I don't trust you enough to have you not restrained," I said sternly. Jimmy groaned in annoyance.

"But that was before! I'm not here to try to kill you all again! I'm trying to protect you!" Jimmy struggled more roughly against the ropes and then hissed in pain when he threw his head back.

"I would keep your head as still as possible if I were you," I said as I checked to see if the officers had left yet. "You probably have a concussion." Jimmy was quiet. When I looked back to where he was securely tied up, he was gone! I looked around the small room, but he was nowhere to be seen. I checked the ropes, and they were still completely intact.

{Hey guys! I actually got a chapter out on time! Wooo...! *dodges a tree pig* WHERE DO YOU FIND THIS STUFF!? Anyways! I want to thank everyone for getting my story over 1.6k reads! I am humbled by all of you amazing readers! To celebrate, I have a question for everyone... If you guys have read my first stories I ever posted on here, {Date the first story was posted; February 15th, 2015}, you know I talked about writing a sequel to them. Once I finish this story, I could do that, or, I can do something completely different. Let me know in the comments, and I'll see you guys in the next one!}