Chapter Six: Disaster Date!

{The two people that left comments, KittyLilly1 and AliciaCrampton, said to have the date end in disaster, so here it is! Enjoy!}

Johnny came back and sat down at the other side of the small table.

"The drinks could be a few minutes," He said, "They seem to be having trouble with their coffee machine."

"That's fine!" I responded, "It just means we'll have a little more time to talk together." He smiled and nodded.

"That's true," He said, nervously twisting the adjustment strings on his dark grey hoody.

"I have a question I've been meaning to ask you," He said.

"Okay, shoot," I replied smiling warmly.

"Well, it's actually about your book," He started, "When I saw it was about the paranormal, I wasn't expecting to it accurately describe entities, and investigations! Usually, it's something cheesy, and completely inaccurate. I'm curious how you know so much about it!" I blushed, and thought for a second.

How did I know?

"Well," I started, "I guess I've always had an interest in it. I've read books, and studied haunted areas, but I haven't done any of that since I was a teenager!" I laughed, "I guess I got so busy working, I forgot about the fun I had studying those sights!" Before Ghost could reply, our order number was called out.

"Hang on for a second, I'll be right back," He said, getting up from the table and starting towards the pickup counter. On his way back from the counter, he took a sip of his coffee, and then stopped. He swallowed hard, and then started staring at his cup like it had the Black Death.

"What's wrong?" I asked as I got up from the table and approached him.

"There is something extremely wrong with this coffee," He said as I stood in front of him.

"Really?" I asked, "It can't be that bad," I said as I took his coffee from him. I started to go for a sip when he tried to grab the cup back from me.

"Wait!" He started before accidentally knocking the coffee out of my hands. As it fell, it spilled on my shirt, and then it landed hard on the ground. It almost looked like it exploded, I thought as I watched it spill across the floor.

"Oh, my gosh!" Ghost exclaimed, "Are you okay? Did you get burned?"

"I'm fine," I chuckled, "My shirt would think otherwise if it could."

"I can buy you a new one," He offered. I shook my head.

"It's fine," I replied, "I was going to buy a new one anyway. This one was already stained," I said as I moved my jacket, revealing an old stain on the back of the right shoulder of the shirt. I put my jacket back over it, and smiled reassuringly at him. He smiled back, looked down at my drink for a second, and then back at me.

"I think I'm going to throw this away," He said.

"You still never told me what was wrong with it," I countered.

"I think the coffee maker is haunted," He replied. {If you don't like coffee, and/or you wanted a something without coffee in it, like say a Strawberry Frappuccino, the mini refrigerator is haunted.}

"Haunted?" I asked, "How do you know? Is it making everything taste like old pistachios?"

"I know because I'm Johnny Ghost, Paranormal Investigator Extraordinaire, it's my job to know, and yes," He explained. My eyes widened.

"You are a real life ghost hunter?" I asked. He nodded before tossing the drink in the trash.

"Yep! Best one around!" He replied. I nodded and made my way towards the counter. He followed after I motioned for him to come.

"What are you thinking?" He asked.

"Do you trust me?" I said, looking him in the eye.

"Yeah?" He replied hesitantly.

"Good enough," I started, "The ghost shouldn't be anywhere over level ten if all it's doing is changing the flavor of the drinks here. I'm going to pretend to faint, and you are going to steal the machine, and then de-haunt it around the corner of the block, and quickly bring it back, okay?" I explained. At first he seemed confused, but smiled as he realized I was being serious.

"I wish there were more people in the world like you," He said. I smiled,

"Ready?" I asked. He nodded.

"Good," I said, as I made my eyes roll back into my head and fell, pretending to have passed out.