Chapter 13: A "Small" Price To Pay

"Are you in love with me?" (Y/n) asked.

"You want me to be honest, right?" I started. She nodded and I sighed, "I don't know, and before you tell me that's not an answer, I don't actually know what love is. I guess based on the way Ghost thinks about you. Speaking of which, remind me to tell you about his dream the other day, it was hilarious! He was all nervous about your date, and kept thinking about what could go wrong!" I laughed. Ghost started blushing and face-palming while (Y/n) giggled.

"Hey! Newbies!" A voice called. We all looked to where the voice was coming from and saw a girl with long thick black hair, dead grey eyes, one of which was hanging out of her eye socket, and pale skin. Her right arm was only bones. She wore jeans that were ripped at the end, revealing she did not have any flesh remaining on her left leg like her right arm, at least at the bottom, red and black muddy sneakers, and red flannel over a black t-shirt.

"I'm Stacy Bones, welcome to the afterlife! All of you are designated for Hell, especially you two," Stacy said as she pointed at me and Ghost.

"Why (Y/n)!?" Ghost exclaimed. Stacy snapped, and made a clipboard appear in her hand. She read the clipboard with the eye hanging out of its socket, and glared at us with the other.

"Well, Gregory Casket, (Y/n) was the criminal mastermind behind the Macaroni Crisis of 2002 at age 12, and that alone is a whole whopping five pages of offences! After that there isn't much, but she really screwed herself over with that one!" Stacy said as she threw the clipboard at me. I didn't react fast enough and it hit me in the face.

"Ow," I mumbled with a giggle.

"I uh, don't like being called Gregory," Ghost said sheepishly.

"I don't like being called freakshow up top, but I don't complain," Stacy replied.

"So, you caused the Macaroni Crisis of 2002, huh?" I asked with a laugh. (Y/n) buried her face in her hands and nodded in embarrassment.

"Didn't about 80 people get killed over that?" Ghost asked. Stacy nodded.

"Sure did! All of them came here, or were exterminated because they refused to let go of something from the other realm."

"What else you got hidden up your sleeve, huh killer?" I laughed as I nudged (Y/n)'s arm. (Y/n) ignored me.

"Stacy!" Someone called. We looked over and saw a skeleton wearing jeans, a white t-shirt, and muddy white sneakers running up to Stacy.

"What's up Jake?" Stacy asked.

"These guys are bad news," Jake started, "Enough to get Mr. Hothead's attention."

"What does he want with them?" Stacy asked, "They're scumbags, just like everyone else in Hell."

"Hey!" Ghost exclaimed, "At least we tried to do better!"

Stacy glared and was about to say something when Jake cut her off.

"Stacy, no time to get petty let's get them to Mr. Hotheaded, and get out of here. I think that Acachalla guy needs tied to the ceiling again," Jake snickered.

"Fine," Stacy sighed, "But this time we're using chocolate cake. I want the Oreos."

"Deal!" Jake said as they shook hands, ripping each other's arm off. I held back my laughter as they lead the way, holding their arms.

"I guess they could really lend a hand!" I giggled to myself.

"Burn," Stacy said as she shut the door to "Mr. Hothead's" office.