Chapter Four: Johnny Ghost

The phone started ringing. Tiredly, I put my pillow over my head and turned on my side.

"No!" I shouted, "I'm sleeping! Leave me alone!" The phone continued to ring. I got annoyed and finally answered the phone.

"This is Johnny Ghost, Paranormal Investigator Extraordinaire. If your life doesn't depend on it, call back around 2:00 this afternoon. It's more reasonable then 4:30 in the morning," I said yawning at the end to make my point.

"Um, sir? It's Johnny Toast, where have you been?" Johnny asked, sounding concerned, and annoyed.

"What are you talking about Johnny? I've been in bed all night!" I replied, somewhat unsure if that was true. I don't know why, but something was off.

"Sir, I watched you leave out the back door last night," He started, sounding more concerned. "I followed you out the back door, and tried to get your attention, but you just laughed, and jumped over the fence."

"I did no such thing!" I argued, "How would I jump that fence? The neighbors built it to be ten feet tall! Further, I have no memory of the event!"

"Well," Johnny started, "You have no memory of half your childhood either, and that most certainly did happen! You didn't just appear into existence at 6 years old!" He made a good point, but I am too stubborn to believe such nonsense.

"Either way Johnny, as far as I am concerned, it didn't happen!" I ended my side of the argument.

"Yes sir," Johnny replied, now more annoyed than concerned. I sighed as I sat up with my feet hanging off the side of the bed, holding the phone between my head and shoulder, so I could use my hands to put on my shoes. I slept in my clothes again.

"Where are you right now Johnny?" I asked while tying my shoe laces.

"I'm at Oakwood lane, near the most recent Jimmy Casket sighting" He replied. I rolled my eyes,

"Johnny, you know very well that Jimmy Casket sightings are about as real as Bigfoot ones. If you've seen him, you're dead!"

"Well, apparently she didn't see Jimmy himself, she had the inconvenience of watching one of his victims die," He said grimly. I was quiet, thinking about the horror this girl Johnny spoke of, had to deal with, and how close she could've been to him probably made it worse!

"Sir? Are you still there?" He asked. I broke my silence.

"Yeah Johnny, I'm here," I replied, "I was just thinking, who was the unlucky person that had to experience Jimmy Casket's work?"

"Uh, let me ask," He started, "Officer Maloney was there shortly after, and he just came back from the station to make an official statement about the event" As I waited for Johnny to come back, I went into the bathroom to make sure I didn't have bedhead too bad. I didn't mind having messy hair, but only to a certain extent.

"Eh, could be worse," I said to myself, looking at my hair in the mirror. I noticed something strange though, behind my ear. I moved my hair back and looked in the mirror, and it looked like there was blood.

Maybe it was just from my ghost detecting equipment. It can cause your ears to bleed if it's on for too long, I thought. There was only one problem though; I hadn't used that specific piece of equipment for a couple weeks. I shook off the thought and washed it off, hoping it wasn't anything to be worried about. Johnny came back to the phone,

"Her name is (F/N) (L/N), and she was being driven down to the station for questioning about the robbery at her house, when Officer Maloney noticed something suspicious and left her in the car while he investigated. When he got back, he found a dead man next to the car," Johnny explained.