Chapter 11: I'm What!?

"Ow," I said to myself with a hand on my head while I sat up. I looked to the side and saw that Toasty was still unconscious from when I hit him over the head with a book. I chuckled at the thought as I stood up, and then dropped another book on top of Toast. I decided to continue dropping books on him until he woke up. I couldn't read the books anyway, so why not?

"Wakey, wakey!" I giggled as I dropped book, after book on top of him. Eventually, he started to stir and get up.

"Twenty-five!" I exclaimed dropping an extra book on his chest.

"What was that for!?" Toast exclaimed as he stood up, throwing one of the books at me. I caught it and laughed at him.

"It took twenty-five books to wake you up!" I stated proudly. Toast groaned and face-palmed.

"I've got a bloody headache now," He grumbled. I continued to laugh as he left the room. He didn't seem to recall earlier events, and thought I was Ghost again.

"That or I hit him too hard with that book," I said to myself with a laugh. I went into the bathroom and looked in the mirror again, still just me. I sighed, and looked at my bloody clothing. It might be normal for me to be covered in blood, but not Ghost. In order to keep my secret safe, I'd have to pretend to be Ghost.

"Shower time!" I exclaimed. {Think I'm going to write a shower scene? TOO BAD! Not happening weirdo!}

After I showered, I couldn't find much to get dressed with. Ghost practically lives in that hoody, but I don't know how to wash blood out of clothes, so I had to make due with some old ragged clothing Ghost left in his closet for years. I found a long sleeved red shirt, some dark blue jeans that were pretty new in condition, and a long black hooded raincoat with ripped ends.

"Eh, I guess it's better than being covered in blood," I said to myself. I spent an hour going over the way Ghost's voice sounds, and the way he acts. I went down the stairs, hoping Toast wouldn't notice my eyes were red instead of brown.

"Hello Sir," Toast started, "You're not wearing your grey hood?" He asked.

"Um, no," I started nervously, doing my best impression of Ghost, "I thought I'd change it up today."

"You don't have anything less ragged?" Toast asked. I shook my head.

"I don't think I've had anything new in my closet since high school," I admitted.

"Well, I would offer you some of my clothes, but I think they'd be too big on you," Toast said.

"Meh," I shrugged.

"You should go see (Y/n)," Toast suggested, "She's been worried sick about you ever since you ran off."

Oh, right, the girl Ghost likes and I tried to kill, perfect! I mentally slapped myself.

"Okay, I'll go over to her apartment then," I said as I started for the door.

"Uh, sir, you do know she went back to her house today, right? The police are done with their investigation, and said she could finish moving in," Toast stated. I turned around and looked at him.

"Right," I started annoyed, "I'll go over to her house, and act like nothing happened." Toast was shocked by my sudden outburst.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Toast asked. I put my hands on my hips and shook my head.

"There is nothing to talk about," I said bitterly, "I'll be on my way now." I left, and started for (Y/n)'s house.

Was I being too emo? I know Ghost can get that way, but I might be over exaggerating it. Maybe I should just be myself, but more serious. Toast's face was pretty funny when I acted upset though. I laughed at the memory of his wide eyed face. I guess I'll just be me, but less crazy? Ha! Like that'll happen.

When I reached (Y/n)'s house, there wasn't any sign the police were still there. I walked up to the door and knocked in a pattern, pretending it was a beat to a song. After knocking like that for a while, (Y/n) opened the door. Her eyes were puffy and red like she had been crying, her hair was messy, and she was still in pajamas.

"Hi!" I said with an enthusiastic smile. (Y/n) pulled me into a hug, and I awkwardly hugged her back.

"I thought you were dead!" (Y/n) exclaimed while hugging me.

"Heh, that's a little easier said than done," I laughed. She pulled away from the hug, and then kissed me. I was shocked to say the least. It made my head spin, and my heart start pumping faster.

"I am so sorry Ghost!" (Y/n) exclaimed, "I don't know what I was thinking! I-I'm just really emotional, and I thought you were dead, and," She continued to ramble, while I stood there flustered. I don't know what to think! I could feel my face was heated, and my heart wouldn't stop violently thumping in my chest.

"I-It's fine," I mumbled. What is this!? I don't understand what I'm feeling right now. It's addicting, like the thrill I get from killing, but it's stronger, and I've only felt this way around (Y/n). Maybe she's cursed with something! I need to get Toasty to de-haunt her!

"Quick!" I exclaimed after coming to that realization, "I need to get you back to HQ!" I grabbed her hand and started dragging her back towards HQ. She yelped in surprise.

"Ghost, I-I'm still in my PJ's, and I'm barefoot!" She exclaimed.

"Right," I said as I picked her up and threw her over my shoulder, "This is faster anyway!"

"Ghost!" She exclaimed, "What are you- AHHH!" She screamed when I started running.

"It's okay! I've got you!" I exclaimed, "I've done this before! You'll be fine!"

"With who!?" She exclaimed.

"Uh, I didn't get her name," I admitted, "I just sort of took her away."

"Oh my God, you are starting to freak me out," She started with worry in her voice, "Put me down!" Now I felt something different, like I've been stabbed in the chest.

"Why do you keep making me feel weird!?" I exclaimed, "I-I don't understand what you're trying to do, b-but I don't like it!"

"What are you talking about!?" She exclaimed. I came up to the front door of HQ, and went in with (Y/n) still over my shoulder.

"TOASTY!" I yelled as loudly as possible.

"Put me down!" She yelled as she began to hit my back with her fist and kicking her legs. It was amusing to see her struggle, but I didn't want to upset her any more than I already have, so I put her down.

"Ghost, what is wrong with you?" She said sternly. It felt like that knife was buried deeper in my chest.

"What's going on?" Toast asked as he came down the stairs.

"Toast!" I exclaimed, "She's haunted!"

"What!?" Both Toast and (Y/n) exclaimed at the same time.

"Is that why you dragged me all the way over here?" (Y/n) asked.

"What makes you think she's haunted?" Toast asked.

"She keeps making me feel weird when I'm around her!" I exclaimed.

"How so?" Toast asked patiently.

"When I got to her house, she kissed me! And then my face wouldn't stop heating up, and my heart was beating faster than a squirrel on caffeine, and then she started freaking out and it felt like someone stabbed me in the chest," I explained. (Y/n)'s eyes widened, and she covered her mouth with her hands, and Toast smiled.

"Sir," He started with a hand on my shoulder, "There's nothing wrong with (Y/n)."

"Well, then what's wrong with me!?" I exclaimed.

"There's nothing wrong with you sir!" Toast laughed, "You're in love with (Y/n)!"

"I-I'm w-what!?"

{*Hides behind Ellis from L4D2* Heeeyyyyy! It's been awhile, hasn't it? *dodges rock from random commenter* I'M SORRY! Holidays are rough and busy for me, so I didn't really have time until now. Anyway, I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter, and I'll see you in the next one! Hopefully.... Heh. *Dodges knife* HOLY CRAP, YOU COULD'VE HIT ELLIS!}