⊰95⊱

💫

Acacia/Ciarán - Age 18

"Ekáti!" Lailoken yells at me, trying to break through.

I can hear Taron's voice holding shock stating, "Why are her eyes purple?"

My body feels like it's encased in ice, though I feel a warmth breaking through at my forearm and my forehead. Everything is shifting back around me, clearing the haze of my senses before I finally stare into the eyes of Lailoken...

...though they are solid white.

My breathing is even as I blink my eyelids open, Rian's voice also slipping around as I glance and see Taron kneeling next to Lailoken, "Nevermind her eyes...look."

My gaze falls away from Lailoken's, though I know it's his gentle touch on my forehead that brings me back to the present. When I look down, I see that Rian has a gentle grip on my forearm...the one which I cut my palm. Wisps of dark and purple encircle around the open wound...though the blood drips and falls onto the fallen stars on the grass.

I exhale sharply, releasing the knife I still grasp in my other hand. The dullness of the fallen stars slowly begin to brighten, a radiance emitting from them. Lailoken's irises revert to a reddish-orange, standing to his feet while Rian helps me to mine. The wisps dissipate, Rian quickly biting into his wrist before offering me his blood to heal. I take it graciously because as the numbness leaves me, pain resonates where I'd sliced open my palm, a sharp ache lingering.

Taron furrows his brows, regarding the light glow from the fallen stars when he asks, "What just happened?"

Lailoken glances first to me before taking a quick sweep of the land. I lift my gaze and my eyes widen...

...it's the estate I was taken to, though there is nothing masking its appearance.

When Lailoken doesn't answer, Taron's curiosity gets the best of him as he reaches out and grasps one of the fallen stars. The second he comes in contact with it, I feel an instant connection to his being.

We're going to need strength to take down whatever is doing this...

A mere second later, Taron stands to his feet while the fallen star is clutched in his hand. He turns to the estate and states, "You'll need our strength...we'll bring them down."

The puncture marks on Rian's inner wrist close, healing as I stand there with a questioning gaze. Lailoken narrows his eyes at the estate and reminds everyone, "Observance until we know what we're dealing with-"

"It's quiet," Taron takes a step forward and retorts, "why wait? We have the surprise-"

"We will not engage-"

"We're stronger an-"

Taron is cut off by Lailoken turning to him and commanding, "Little wolf, be silent," though his voice trails off a moment when he regards Taron and warns, "I said not to touch those!"

Taron looks down for a moment at the fallen star, my heart skipping a beat before he shakes his head. Lailoken takes a few steps toward him before reaching to him.

Taron narrows his eyes and takes a few steps backward, snarling, "You're jealous and angry that I'll show my strength to be above your own."

"Taron..." Lailoken's demeanor shifts as his features reflect softness.

Why is he questioning his strength? We are all a match for each other's weakness and faults...

Rian's gaze flickers to Taron's band, watching as Lailoken moves closer, edging calmly to him. As Lailoken has his attention, Rian is quiet as he approaches Taron from behind and just as he lowers his hand, Rian reaches out and snatches his wrist.