⊰68⊱

💫

Acacia/Ciarán - Age 16

"RUN!" Holden screams like a five-year-old girl as he comes down the muddy hill, slipping on the pathway and nearly falling head over heels. Jelena and Dexter are staring at him with wide eyes as his face is pale as a ghost...that is before his face ends up eating the mud in front of him as he comes crashing to our feet.

Dexter appears to shrink back slightly as well, glancing to Jelena and saying with worry, "I can feel that."

"Alpha," Jelena concurs, though Holden's face lifts from the mud as he scrambles to his feet.

"It's a she-wolf!" He yells, my brows furrowing as my gaze flickers to Jelena. I see the way her eyes darken slightly, knowing she's mind linking with the pack.

Shaking my head, I glance toward the top of the hill and finally see what the commotion Holden is causing. A slight giggle surpasses my lips, and I swear the second Jelena's eyes brighten once again, not only her, but Dexter and Holden are staring at me like I don't understand the severity of their apparent situation.

"What?" I ask while shrugging my shoulders.

"Acacia, this is bad," Jelena's gaze flickers away and states, "we need to run, others from the pack are on the way. A she-wolf alpha? No, this is insane, and she's on Alpha Keir's territory..."

Rolling my eyes, I turn away from her and start walking up the hill toward that which is making everyone so frightened and cautions. I can hear Holden screaming after me, "ACACIA!"

Turning around, I ask, "Can we just...chill for a second?"

She's beside me in an instant and causing another round of screams to erupt. I see she has on a backpack but doesn't carry any weapons...I don't think she needs them anyways.

Arching a brow, Etain and I glance at one another before I state, "She's like my step cousin...right?"

Etain laughs and nods replying, "Step cousin...ish, I guess."

"A-A-Aca-cacia?" Jelena is stammering as I'm so casual with her. It's not moments later that so many from the pack are drawn to our location, many already shifted and ready to take down this alpha who's breached their territory.

Even Grandpa Keir steps forward, and I see the way he regards Etain and then his eyes land on me. He appears slightly on edge, that is until I tell him, "It's Etain."

Grandpa Keir releases a sigh of relief, and I see a lot of others releasing their tension as their alpha deems this situation no longer hostile with the possibility of violence. Etain glances to me and informs me, "See, this is the type of reception I try to avoid...though Dante wanted me to drop off your work sooner than a notice of my presence could be made."

I understand now.

Grandpa Keir walks forward away from the rest of the pack, coming just a few feet from the two of us. He nods at Etain and introduces himself, "Alpha Keir Wood of the Silent Stars Pack."

He outstretches his hand and Etain acknowledges him while returns the introduction when she states, "Alpha Etain Matz, Envoy of the Mercy Matrons Pack."

There are so many murmurs that break out among the pack members, recognizing the very pack she belongs to. Of course, they would recognize it, yet she's never once come to Grandpa Keir's pack...

...because he'd never turn anyone away, regardless if they were orphaned.

Etain tilts her head to the side and apologizes, "I'm sorry to frighten your...juveniles," she pauses a moment as I see the way Jelena takes slight offense because, despite her age, she thinks much more like the young adults of the pack. Etain then finishes with, "Dante asked me to remain with Acacia so long as she wants considering...everything. Even I don't know how long I'll be around for her as I have obligations to the Mercy Matrons, though I'm sure I'll see her to the end of summer and the start of her senior year at Meliorist Sanctum."