⊰61⊱

💫

Acacia/Ciarán - Age 16

The first thing I feel...

...is pain.

Pain for different reasons.

They raped and bit me...

...Ciarán.

The bridge of my nose stings when more feeling returns to my muscles, the soreness stemming from my entire body.

There's sounds...voices outside the door.

They are muffled slightly, but I do catch, "-more trouble alive than dead-"

"-can't hide..."

"Kill h-..."

Everything keeps zooming in and out of focus, my hearing off as I try to get my muscles to work. The voice is no more, and silence returns to me, though my heart begins to race as I slowly blink my eyelids open. I'm lying in my side, the moonlight streaming in through the small window.

Is it still night?

I don't know what time means right now because whatever I've been living through, is a nightmarish Hell.

My breathing is uneven as I attempt to push upright, but the pain all over tears me back down. The bite marks leave a nasty ache except for the one on my neck...Ciarán's is by far the worst. My ribs feel like they're caving in, catching the bottom of my lungs when I draw in air. A horrible ache radiates from my abdomen, tears filling my eyes again when I see blood on the sheets.

The one thing I do know...

...Ciarán never chained my wrist. The one wrist still throbs with pain as I finally manage to sit up. I see the chain hanging at the post of the bed...perhaps he'd forgotten, or he believed I'm too broken and weak to do anything anymore.

I am broken.

My head throbs; a massive headache sears through my skull, remembering the alcohol along with being punched, hit and backhanded by Mercury and Cypher. It all comes crashing back, but the words that were spoken make my stomach more nauseous then the stench of throw up I smell.

My vision is slightly hazy, though my eyes land on my discarded clothes. When I try to stand, I immediately crash to my knees, my eyes widening as I bite my lower lip. Excruciating pain radiates from my hips, tears falling from my eyes as I choke back on the sob I want to release.

Crawling is the only movement that doesn't send me spiraling into agonizing pain, reaching my clothes before taking a taxing effort to slip them back on. My underwear is in shreds, my eyes flickering to my thighs as I finish with my skirt.

Blood.

I'm not ready to die...

...even though I want the pain to end.

My eyes lift to the window, slowly moving toward the wall before it takes most of my strength to stand against it. My breathing is hard, my heart beating fast as I flicked my gaze from the door to the window, trying to see if I'm even going to be able to pull myself up and through it with the lack of endurance left.

I hear something though...

...music, laughing and voices talking back and forth that I can't discern. Their celebration is my shame, wondering how long it will take them to decide to kill me.

They can't hide what they've done.

If I can get home...

Tears trickle down my cheeks at the thought because right now it seems impossible.