⊰17⊱

💫

Acacia/Ciarán - Age 12

"When you're done unpacking we'll have dinner together," Grandpa Keir calls to me while I'm making my way up the stairs. It's late, and the pack already ate with Grandpa Keir's beta Coen leading while he was away. It'll be nice to have a relaxing evening as I settle in, a weight lifting off my chest as I finally exhale a long deep breath the second I stand in my room at the lodge.

Nothing has changed, Grandpa Keir keeping everything as it is. I set my bag down on the bed and begin to unpack all my clothes along with my backpack and books. When my hand brushes the cylinders of the Garrote wire, I quickly glance around the room before I decide the safest place to keep it out of sight will be in the zip compartment of my bag. Leaving it be, I untie my long dark hair and let it fall around my shoulders before I leave the room.

It was quiet when we got back, most of the pack either getting ready for bed or those who are staying up have taken to the game room and are watching a movie.

When I make my way back down the stairs, I turn to head into the dining room. Grandpa Keir furrows his brows with confusion as Coen talks to him, but when he sees me, he shakes his head and dismisses him. It looks like grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup is on the menu tonight because just as I move closer to sit down next to my grandpa, our meal is set before us.

Grandpa Keir thanks them while I feel the warmth of the soup rise and smell how delicious it is. He chuckles and asks, "Have they been starving you?"

I gasp and laugh, "No, I just haven't had tomato soup for a while."

He laughs again and says, "Well eat up."

"You're not going to make me wait till you eat first?" I tease him while grabbing a sandwich half in my hand and taking a bite. Arching a brow at him, I see the way his wolf is coming out to play while he also begins to eat his soup.

"You get special privileges," he winks at me, and I roll my eyes as I've never really been in trouble if I don't follow the standard pack rules that are set out; however, I still try to immerse myself in their world. It feels more like a family and home if I do so and I respect their way of life.

Not only that, there are times where it's beneficial to listen to not just Grandpa Keir as my grandpa...

...he is an alpha.

Those lines tend to blur often because of who I am, but I always hold such high regards and respect for him.

"You didn't tell me!" The hair rises on the back of my neck as I see...

...Jelena.

She's standing in the archway leading to the central living area. She's grown so much in the past four years, but it's still her. She looks back and forth between Grandpa Keir and I before she exclaims, "Why wouldn't you tell me?!" She hisses at him while pointing a finger.

He chuckles and says, "This was a last minute plan," he turns next to me and nods, "Acacia is done with her schoolwork for this year so she'll be staying with us till the end of the summer next year."

"Oh...my...fuc-"

"Language young lady," I hear Aleksa growl from behind her, and she freezes. She smiles innocently at me and edges closer to the room, sitting down across from me while her daddy shakes his head and walks upstairs.

Jelena smiles and says, "Sorry, I just got so excited! I've been so bored... have Dexter and Holden to keep me company lately since Sophia..." her voice trails off and I can see a look of sadness cross her features.