10 ⦻ Growing Familiar

"Good morrrrning new best friend! Are you going to play with me today?"

Sally bounced excitedly while she followed (Y/N) as she slowly descended down the steps, her eyes heavy with sleep. "Sure Sally, sure....." (Y/N) mumbled, her energy too low to cope with the child's hyper mood.

Of course, she had just woken up, and last night she had been gone for a long time with Kagekao and the others on their 'scavenger hunt', resulting in the loss of some sleep.

"Why do you look so grumpy and tired?" Sally asked, "aren't you excited to see me?"

"...How could you be so attached to me already when I've only lived here for one day so far...?"

Sally looked a bit taken aback by this and lowered her head, looking down at her socks, "I'm...I'm sorry, I just thought you were really nice..."

(Y/N) quietly scolded herself for saying what she said to Sally and gently rested a hand on the young girl's shoulder. "You don't have to apologize for that Sally. I'm actually really glad you seem to like me because I was afraid I'd end up alone here."

"You'll never be alone here! There's so many of us!"

"There are many of you, but not a lot of them like the idea of me being here."

"I do...and I bet my other best friend, Splendorman does too! Splendy is really nice, you should meet him!"

"Oh. Yeah, I've met him already."

"Wasn't he so nice? Maybe me, you, and Splendy can have a tea party together sometime!"

(Y/N) smiles and chuckles, giving Sally a light hug. "You're adorable. But uh, I might have 'proxy' things to do for Slenderman today, so tea party might have to wait till later."

Sally nods in understanding, keeping on her bright grin. "oh okay then. Well, at least you'll eat breakfast with me, right?"

"Sure, why not."

The two head off together to the dining room, chatting as if they had known each other for ages. A few of the other killers who were already in there greeted them as they came. "Good morning Sal, and to you too, newbie!" Clockwork greeted, waving from the table, "You guys can come sit by me!"

They both returned the greeting and they took seats next to each other beside Clockwork. "Well, I'll just say I'm shocked the girls' still here. I could've sworn she wouldn't 've survived a single day here," Jeff The Killer mused; he was on the opposite side of them at the table. "Well you were wrong. She's still here, so quit being rude, you devil," Judge Angels who was next to him snapped, narrowing her eyes.

(Y/N) took notice of the tall black and white clown as he slowly approached her and Sally. "Would'ye like some candy for breakfast today~?" Laughing Jack snickered, holding out his hand and dropping a handful of candy on the table in front of them. "Uh...aren't these poisoned or something?" (Y/N) muttered, hesitantly reaching for a lollipop.

"Don't, they're poisonous! Laughing Jacks' a meanie!" Sally hissed, shaking her head frantically at (Y/N) and giving Laughing Jack a dark stare. The clown laughed and shook his head, "I'm not mean, I'm being nice, offering ye my best candy! Take it!" He said dumping the candy in (Y/N)'s hand.

"...Maybe I'll save it for later..." (Y/N) muttered, looking at the candies in hand. "Yer welcome kiddo. And call me LJ, if ye don't mind."

With that, he stalks off beside one of the other killers and sits down. It was the tri-colored one, the jester, Candy Pop. He glared disgustedly at Laughing Jack. "Why'd you have to come and sit by me? I don't want your stupid candy?" He scoffed, crossing his arms.