Chapter 13 Scoring In and Out of the Court

Dahyun scanned the court with immense focus for the first time this game. She realized that the guys they were against were really big. The only guy that wasn't towering over them was a guy named Kyungsoo who was placed against Chaeyoung.

Dahyun notices that the boys weren't guarding them well. Okay these bitches don't think we can do this. "Hey you're not gonna guard me you panda-looking flirt?" The boy only smiles and yawns. Okay. Here's something to yawn at. Dahyun lets loose a three-pointer and stuns the opposing team. The whole gymnasium erupts in screams as finally the home team was scored after a drought of points. That's 1 kiss on the cheek unnie.

"Good to have you back Eagle." Chaeyoung hi-fived Dahyun and got into place to defend. She was assigned to a player a little taller than her but when she saw Sehun constantly looking at Mina, she left Kyungsoo to switch with Yeri.

"Oh hey look at you lil bundle of nothing. Think you can handle me?" Sehun was backing up into Chaeyoung trying to post up but was still glancing at Mina's way. Chaeyoung took this chance to steal the ball and pass it to Dahyun who sunk in a another three-pointer. "Nice steal smolbean." Jeongyeon ruffled the younger's hair earning a groan from her.

"Keep your eyes on the ball and not on my Mina." Chaeyoung could only smirk as they get ready to defend again against the boy with rainbow hair. "So that's her name. Thanks for the info shorty." Sehun backs up again hard on her but this time he shoves his shoulders up against Chaeyoung's face causing her to fall down. Mina stands up from her seat, clearly worried about the hard foul Chaeng received. 

*whistle* "OFFENSIVE FOUL 94,OH SEHUN"

Chaeyoung could only see red, and with an angry huff she lunged towards Sehun. "You stupid piece of sh-" Dahyun and Jeongyeon pulls the angry cub away before she gets a technical foul. "We got them to turnover the ball. It's fine. Show them by scoring not by getting ejected." Chaeyoung sighs and gives the boy a deadly glare. Mina is mine Rainbow boy.

Jeongyeon in-bounded the ball to Dahyun and the pointguard got ready to set up a play. Dahyun bounce passed the ball to Chaeyoung who tried to penetrate the paint and got an easy lay-up after a good screen from Yeri. Jeongyeon praised her team and got ready to defend. The team captain was beaming with confidence, her team was on a roll. "Okay defense! Mark your man! Let's go JYPU!"

"Damn you're noisy. This is why girls shouldn't be on the court." Jeongyeon was defending against Park Chanyeol, SM Tech's team captain. "You guys score a few points and you celebrate like you've won the who-." Jeongyeon swooped the ball mid-dribble and passed it to Dahyun who drilled in another three. 

"Sorry, you were too noisy. That shut you up yes?" Jeongyeon gave him a smirk and hi-fived with Dahyun and the rest of the team. JYPU was on an 11-0 run and the trio was just starting to heat up.

JYPU continued to dominate the third quarter. Dahyun kept shooting threes like it was shooting practice while Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung were making baskets by working in the paint. With 1:30 seconds left in the 3rd quarter, JYPU managed to catch up 43-52. The enemy team called time out and both teams got to take a well-deserved rest.

Dahyun was on fire both in a good and bad way. The team was relying on her to score and that she did but it was taking a toll on her body. As she took a seat on the bench, she could only feel the intense throbbing of her whole body. The pointguard was drenched in sweat and soon the familiar clenching of her chest was dawning on her. Jeongyeon could clearly see that Dahyun was not okay. She saw how Dahyun was heaving for air like the world was running out of it.

"Hey Dubu. Sit out the rest of the quarter. Do you have your meds with you?" Jeongyeon said as she handed Dahyun a glass of Gatorade and st down beside her.