Chapter 19 - Familiar but Unknown

Dahyun shuffled around in her bed not able to get any sleep. Sana has been gone for 3 days now and she misses the Japanese more that ever. It doesn't help as well that Tzuyu and Chaeyoung invite Momo and Mina everyday after classes to chill at their place. She'd been meaning to call but she didn't want to take time away from Sana spending time with her family. She stares at her phone wallpaper of her and Sana. It was a shot taken by Chaeyoung when they were backstage preparing for their performance.

No words can ever describe how much the pointguard missed her girlfriend but at 5:48 AM, there's not really much you can do so Dahyun decided she'd go for a jog and get distracted for a bit

Clad in her loose workout clothes, Dahyun stretches before she sets off. She sets her airpods in and puts on her workout jams. The point guard takes a few laps around the park till she feels a cramp coming on. Deciding to cool down by the shady part of the park, she takes out her phone and sends a sweaty selfie to Sana. Went for a jog, love. If you were here I'd be sweaty doing something else 😏.

Dahyun hits backspace and erases the message whilst shaking her head. Too suggestive she thinks to herself. Although Dahyun has slept countless times over at Sana's place, they have never done it yet. There was no rush. They have only been dating for a few months and Dahyun never thought of rushing Sana regarding this.

The pointguard just ended up sending a good morning greeting to the Japanese and gave her reminders to eat and stay hydrated. She continued her jog and went for a few more laps before deciding to get ready for her classes. Just as she was about to leave the park, she remembered that Chaeyoung was asking for her notes for their Biology class. Dahyun had the notes at her hideout since she was mostly doing her studies there ever since Sana left. Being a fifth wheel wasn't fun especially when a certain cub shoves it in your face whenever possible.

With Post Malone's "I Fall Apart "blaring in her headset, the pointguard bobs her head along to the beats while approaching her hideout. From a distance, she sees a girl's backside with long brown hair walking away from her hideout's door. Dahyun stands rooted in her spot. Only her family, Chaeyoung, Jeongyeon and Sana knows about her hideout. The last and only other person that knows about this place left her crying in a hospital bed and she never heard a word from her again. It can't possibly be her, right? Why would she even come here? Now of all times.

Dahyun tries to get anything to come out of her mouth. She wants to call out to the girl and see if it really was her. She had so many questions, so many things she wanted to say but her mind and voice wasn't following suit. The girl disappears from her view, as mysterious as she came in and the pointguard was still stunned.

The Korean's thoughts were in shambles. Memories she suppressed and tried so hard to forget was resurfacing. She finally got back to their dorm but she didn't even realize she was already at the door, not until a very late Chaeyoung busted out the door and was rushing out to her first class.