Chapter 20 - Long Time No See

It was 20 minutes of searching the building and not one of the people who went looking for Dahyun has seen even a trace of her. They're sure that the second half of the game was wrapping up and they still didn't have their star player with them.

"You don't think Dahyunnie would go to the auditorium? She's not anywhere near the gymnasium and she'd be most familiar there. You want to check and look?" Nayeon agrees with Jihyo and they all hope that they'd find the pointguard there.

Mina starts hearing the faint tunes of the piano playing and they get their guesses confirmed. With hurried steps, they head for the door and sure enough they see Dahyun singing her favorite nursery rhyme but they couldn't recognize the person who was sitting beside her.

With smiling eyes, Dahyun greets the girls and Jin and asks them to sing with her. She darts to Nayeon and pulls her to the piano. "Mommy Nayeon play with Dahyunnnie and Mimi please?"

The oldest gives a smile and sits the pointguard down. "I'd love to baby but you have to comeback with us, Chaeng and Daddy Jeong are waiting for you to play with them. Let's go back to them, yeah?"

Dahyun scrunches her nose and decides that she'd rather play with the piano. Jihyo was able to call Tzuyu and let the others know they found Dahyun safe and sound but also how she wasn't up for playing the game.

"Let me try to get her to go, if that's okay?" Nayeon nods, wary of the unfamiliar person that only Dahyun seems to know. The girl cups Dahyun's face and the pale girl is forced to look into her eyes.

"Dahyun-ah. Chaechaeng and Daddy Jeong will be sad if you don't play with them. Do you want them to be sad?" Dahyun moves her head side to side with a small pout. "No, Dahyunnie no want Chaechaeng and Daddy Jeong sad but play piano want too Mimi."

"Okay baby, how about we go back here later and you can play here after your game with Chaeng and Jeong, is that better? We'll ask them to play with you too and it'll be like playing on Daddy Jeong's piano."

Nayeon and Mina exchange glances. So she also knows Jeong and Chaeng. Who are you and why do you know my Jeongie?

"Yes yes play with Chaechaeng and Daddy Jeong! Let's go Mimi and Mommy Nayeon!" An excited Dahyun runs out and Jin and Jihyo goes after her. "We got her Nabong, just meet us at the gymnasium."

Nayeon and Mina are left with the girl and they give her a soft smile and they walk silently through the halls. Suffocating under the awkward air, the girl starts a conversation. "I'm glad Dahyunnie has great friends who look after her. She's been through a lot."

"Yeah. We try to make sure she's alright. She's family. I don't mean to be rude but it's the first time seeing you and Dahyunnie's normally not one to be a fan of strangers. You also seem to know Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung. Were you guys friends from their old school?"

The girl weakly smiles at Nayeon as the memories both good and bad flood her. "You could say that, yeah." The girls reach the gymnasium and see the girls all huddled up on Dahyunnie.

"Jeongie! Over here. " Nayeon calls the attention of the team captain and she greets her with a big wave and smile. It slowly fades as Jeongyeon sees the person beside Nayeon.

Chaeyoung sees Jeongyeon's expression and follows her gaze. The beast's blood boils at the sight and huffs her way to the girl. "Why are you here? Did you take Dahyun? What did you do to her?!" Chaeyoung angrily asks her.

"I didn't do anything Chaeng, do you see her hurt?" The girl calmly replies.

"Don't talk like you know what she's feeling, you left remember?! You left us all!" Jeongyeon holds Chaeyoung back and gets her to calm down. "Not here, not where Dahyunnie and everyone can see. Let's take this to the locker room okay, beast?"