Chap.1

Rose's POV

I'm looking at my reflection in my mirror while two maids are fixing my hair and makeup. My family is invited to a ball at my 'fiancé's' castle tonight. We'll be announcing our marriage to the public at the end of it and I cannot wait! Yes, I'm being sarcastic. I dread for the day I have to walk through the pews of the church and say my 'vows' to him and then kiss him at the end. He's the last person I want to get to married to. Don't get me wrong, he's attractive and all, but the way he acted towards me when we first met at a small gathering made me hate him. He was all sweet and nice in the beginning, then that happened. He turned out to be aggressive, big-headed, materialistic, obnoxious, etc. He's James Smith.

After that, James has threatened to kill me if I don't do as he says and I can't do anything about it. I have tried to seek for help, but no one believed me except by two older brothers. Then I heard I was engaged to this dick and I  furious when my father told me during dinner.

Flashback

I was minding my own business at this small gathering full of other royal families. My parents talking to other king and queens, my brothers hanging with other princes. And here I am, lonely as heck. I am a social person, but I don't see any females my age here, mostly where older or married, and there was mostly males since it was a business gathering. As I got myself a champagne from a butler, I felt someone tap my shoulder. I turned around to see a very handsome guy. He had an innocent looking face, and light brown hair.

"I'm sorry, but am I seeing a beautiful lady here alone?" He asked. I chuckled and felt my cheeks get a little warm. He took my chin and faced it to look at him in the eyes.

"My name is James Smith. And yours?" He asked.

"Rose Florence," I answered.

"What a beautiful name," James said. I smiled and got off his grip from my chin and looked away.

"Don't be shy," he said as he nudged me. I giggled and shook my head.

**We hit it off, we talked about many things and I admit, the conversation got a bit heated. It could've been the alcohol we were consuming, where the conversations started to get more sensual. He got closer to me and I was pretty buzzed so I wasn't protesting. His hands started to roam around my body and I just let him.

"Want to take it to my room?" He asks with a smirk as he set my hand on my thigh and squeezed it. I was not in the right mind set, so I nodded immediately. James's smirk got bigger and led to an unknown room.

I will admit again, we made out. First I was pressed against the wall, then to a door. James opened it and there was a beautiful balcony. He sat me on the ledge and continued to kiss me. I look down and I my mind went back to it's senses. Yes, I'm afraid of heights, so I freaked out. I pushed him off of me and went away from the ledge.

"What the FUCK Rose?!" James yelled furiously.

"Sorry, I'm just afraid of heights an-" I got interrupted. With a slap on my face. I held my face and looked at him in shock. By now I don't feel the buzz from the alcohol anymore. More like the sting from the slap I received.

"You get me worked up, getting my aroused and then you push me off of you! Ruining the moment!" He says as he pushed me closer to the ledge. James continued to push till my back hits the balcony.

"Wait, don't-" I started but then he started to carry me and made me hang from the balcony. I yelled and tried to pull myself up, but instead it made him lower me more and loosen his grip but not to the point where I'll fall to my death.

"If you ever and I mean EVER tell anyone about today, I will fucking end you," he growled. I nodded and he took me back to safety.

"Get away from me you whore!" He yelled and I ran to where everyone else was. Even if I supposably promised James I will not tell anyone about what just happened, I went and told my brothers after the gathering when we arrived home. I was not going to make a scene and make my family embarrassed for a topic that is pretty serious. But many adults here don't want a yelling girl, telling everyone she got hit by someone when she can do it privately. Yes it does sound bad but there is people like that, and those people are my parents, aunts, etc. From that day on, I hated James Smith.**

Flashback End

I heard a knock on my door and I hear my brother's voice coming from the other side.

"May I come in?" He asks.

"Yes you may Sebastian," I responded formally. Then he entered my room.

"How are you feeling?" Sebastian nervously asks. I didn't respond, my silence will give him his answer.

"So I guess not good," he said as he walked closer to me.

"Why would I be good if today were announcing the marriage to the public?!" I said loudly. The maids froze for a second, then continued to do their job.

"Look, I don't want you to marry him either but we all know our father won't change his decision. We tried and it's too late, the wedding is in a couple weeks. And it will put the whole kingdom in danger if you don't marry him. I'm on your side but you see in father's perspective, he wants to save the kingdom from danger," he explained. I sat quietly while the maids made their final touches and left. I knew he was right, but I don't have the guts to admit it. My father is doing what a king should do, but at the same time it shouldn't go to the extent to me marrying him. Especially that I told him about the incident. He didn't believe me at all, so he just brushed my accusation off.

The maids did their final touches on me and packed all the makeup and left the room quietly.

"You look beautiful," my brother said as he tried to lightened the mood. I chuckled.

"Thank you, you look handsome as well," I complimented. Then I hear my door open.

"Let's go, everyone is waiting for us," Daniel said. I stood up, brushed my black satin dress I'm going to wear tonight and followed my brothers out my room to the newly waxed stairs. We got down and I can see the limo waiting for us outside from the two front doors.

"Mariah and Rhonda did a nice job on you sweetheart," my father said at the bottom of the stairs.

"Thank you," I said quietly. Then we all went outside and went inside the limo. Then we took off to the ball.

*
*
*

Thank you for reading the first chapter of 'Changes'. I hope you liked it, and if you did like the chapter, it'll mean a lot to me. :)