Ch. 17~ The World As It Will Be

*** 2p!s will be referred to by their human names and originals will be referred to by country names!

*** New York= Jackie (Jacquelyn)

Georgia= Gina

Hawaii= Lei (Leilani)

Pennsylvania= Benjamin (or nickname: Penn)

Wisconsin= Olivia (Olive)

Oregon= Ava (Because Olivia tied for top baby girl name in Wisconsin and Oregon =.=)

Indiana= Jackson

Missouri= Mason

_____________

Matthew (Canada’s human name/ what his 2p! will be called)

Alfred (America’s human name/ what his 2p! will be called)

Arthur (England’s human name/ 2p!)

Kiku (Japan’s human name/ 2p!)

Francis (France’s human name/ 2p!)

(A/N: Some people give the 2p!s different human names… but I’m not going to do that because you’d have to learn all the new names =.= And that’s not cool. If you know the human names, you can skip all this! The ones not mentioned in this little entry will be named will announced when they enter the story :D)

_______________________

Oregon’s fingers trembled as her limp body was dragged by the collar of her blood-stained shirt. Her once light filled eyes were a dim shadow of their former glory. Her gaze was weak, and she seemed to be dead as she was pulled along the cold stone floor. The only proof that she was alive was the fluttering, sickly beating of her tortured heart. Her fragile gaze slithered onto her captor, causing a pale smile to come onto her dry lips. Maybe she was in pain… she wasn’t alone.

Matthew’s gleaming lavender eyes were narrowed as he limped through the long stretch of hallway, gripping Oregon’s shirt collar firmly. The weight of his wounds slowed him immensely and occasionally he staggered to a wall, resting against it for a few moments. At those times, Oregon’s hollow eyes would meet his burning ones, and they would stare for a few moments.

Matthew considered spitting on her… for breaking his left arm… for giving him this limp… and scars.

Oregon considered vomiting on his shoes… She may have ached everywhere… but he had to bear the pain of walking. Let him suffer.

Suddenly, the light beeping of a phone flowed into Oregon’s ears. She struggled to lift her head as Matthew reached into his pocket and answered the phone.

“What!?” he spat, voice softer than he would have wished.

He paused, waiting for an answer. His gaze scrolled to Oregon for a split second before flashing back to a blank wall. “Yes, I have it. What!? No… that quick, huh? Fine, holding facility, I heard you the first freakin’ time! Piss off, Al!” And he ended the call.

Oregon grinned at Matthew, revealing a bloody lower lip. Matthew scowled. “What?”

Oregon chuckled. “Sounds like a nice friendly phone call.”

“Piss off, whore.”

“No thanks… I want to keep talking.” Oregon replied dryly, glowering at the figure slowly closing in on Matthew back. She nodded. “I like talking. You know-“