New Year (Amateur) Drabbles ;3

Lovers scattered across the lone field, watching the stars illuminate the night sky. Their glow seemed to only enhance the special light the couples produced, both beautiful and depressing. Georgia wiped her face in her sleeve and hugged her knees to her chest. Where was her special someone? Was he happy?

Georgia shut her eyes and she felt her tears be wiped away. “I thought you’d gone back home.” She whispered.

She opened her eyes as he kissed her, carefully pulling her into his arms. “Zuhause ist, wo das Herz ist.” He muttered in her ear. She smiled.

2...1...  Frohes neues Jahr!

                                            ________________________________

Spain shivered frequently, breathing heavily under the sheets. Florida watched wearily. There was no doubt he was ill. Even in this horrid state, Spain was still smiling, and made room for her on the couch..

Florida sat down. Maybe she could try to be nice…just this once…

“Mi Florida…hace frio.” Spain murmured hoarsely. Florida wrapped an arm around him. “Better?”

“No.” Spain pulled her closer, quickly capturing her lips. Florida froze in shock as he pulled away. Spain coughed, smiling. “Lovers do everything together on New Year’s Eve. Now we can be sick together, too!”

Florida sighed. “Feliz Nuevo Ano, amor.”

                                         ________________________________

“If you hate me so much…I will leave, da?”

California rushed through the bodies of L.A, searching desperately for anyone above six feet. He should stick out in this crowd…he shouldn’t be hard to find. But he’s not easy to find either.

10. 9. 8…

California finally spotted glowing lavender eyes, and pushed her way through, tripping and falling onto him. Russia held her up with a tight grip, one hand clutching a bottle of vodka. “What do you want?” he demanded, tears streaming from his eyes. California quivered, feeling a small sob leave her lips.

“Only. You.”

1…

““California… our love is strange, da?"

                                           ________________________________

“Happy New Yea,, Canada!”

Canada watched Oregon and Alaska join hands and grin at him. He felt a small bit of tears as he embraced them. “Yeah…” he said, burying his head in Oregon’s hair. “H-Happy New Year.”

Alaska cleared his throat and moved back a bit. Or at least, Canada assumed Alaska was a guy. He was always covered in snow gear from head to toe, and rarely ever came out of it.

Canada held onto Oregon, hoping to make a good impression. He couldn’t stop rewinding it in his head.

“Happy New Year, Canada!

‘She noticed me…me.’

                                            ___________________________

Hawaii danced around the stage, letting the rhythm move through her feet, up her spine, and into her heart as the drums’ beat quickened.

10…

The beat is pounded through her chest, as native Hawaiian words are sung in loud voices.

9…

Heavy and steady.

8…She looked into the crowd and her heart almost froze.

6…

“Japan?”

1…

Japan looked away; Hawaii saw the bunch of roses clutched in his hand.  She blushed, spinning as the beat softened. She swayed lightly, symphony of her land, serene and light like her own heart’s beating.

“I love you.” She saw his lips move.

And she spotted the ring.

                                             _____________________________

"He’s drunk. He’s freaking drunk. Who the hell gave him alcohol!?” Massachusetts roared, gesturing angrily towards England. England simply grabbed her from behind. “I’m still bloody here!” he hissed, using her for balance.

Massachusetts sighed, slapping England’s forehead. “Get off me!”

“Get off me, you wanker!” England mocked her, adding in one of his favorite words for effect.

Massachusetts groaned, checking her watch. It was midnight already. “You idiot! I missed the countdown because of you! You know England, sometimes I really hate you! I really-“

England held her chin forcefully, pulling her into a sloppy kiss. He blushed angrily. “You’re not allowed to hate me, love.”

                                                                       _________________________________

The trio fell onto the ground .With all the fast movement, Romano and Italy couldn’t keep up, so they crashed into each other and brought New York down with them. New York sighed. It was an everyday occurrence now. No use fighting it.

New York heard the crowd in Time Square cheer and watched the fireworks with a pleased, but sad smile.

Glancing at each other Romano and Italy, leaned down and hugged her. “We’re sorry, bella.” Italy said softly.

New York cheerfully gave them each a kiss on the cheek.. Romano blushed. “But why…?” he murmured.

New York grinned. “Because three is better than one.”

(A/N: Happy New Year's Day! Thanks for reading ;3 Thanks for reading my amateur drabbles. Never really written drabbles before...they're supposed to be under one hundred words >.> But I made sure I stayed under one ten, at least <3 Thanks again!)