Christmas Special-Which Christmas Special to Continue for New Year's?

Hey, everyone :D Merry Belated Christmas! I couldn't decide which story to continue (part 2 of the decided story will be a New Year's gift) so I'm leaving it up to you! Both stories are completely different and have a sort of dark twist to them (because I'm crazy, mwahaha~)

Story 1~

“Big sis Georgia! Wake up!”

“Wake up, wake up!”

A nine year old Georgia Catherine Jones opened her mouth to groan as she opened her eyes. The view of two little girls filled her view as they bounced on the wooden floor around their attic room. The older girl, a stubborn eight year old with dancing blue eyes who went by the name Jacquelyn Liberty Jones, placed her hands on her hips, puffing out her cheeks. “Get up, big sis! You’re gonna make us miss’um!” she complained. The youngest of the trio, little six year old Leilani chubby cheeked and energetic, clapped her hands with excitement. The rapid movement dizzied Georgia’s focus for a split second.

“Yeah, big sis! We heard the magical reindeer! Santa is downstairs!” Leilani shrieked with joy.

Now Georgia’s eyelashes fluttered as she struggled to wake up fully. “Santa?” she murmured unsurely. Something clicked inside the oldest girl, causing her to fold her arms. “He ain’t real!” she argued. Roughly pulling the covers over her head, she pouted, shifting angrily at being woken up. Jackie screamed, howling and jumping on her older sister’s bed before attacking the sheets. She took the thin fabrics in her little hands and pulled them with all her might.

Georgia screamed as well, grabbing the sheets before Jackie could fully pull them away. Thick, hot tears began to cascade down Leilani’s face. As a fierce tug of war went on between Georgia and Jackie, the youngest girl sobbed one thing on repeat. “Santa is real! I know it!”

Finally, Georgia snatched the covers from Jackie, clutching them over her head. Jackie puffed her cheeks again, feeling a tear slide down her cheek. “He’s real! I’ll prove it!” she insisted, stomping toward the stairway. Leilani stuck her tongue out at Georgia before following her sister down the stairs. Georgia sighed, eyebrows furrowed as she hastily returned to her spot beneath the sheets. She stared at the empty doorway leading from the attic to the living room, her face burning.

_________

“Shh! I can see him!” Jackie hopped down one more stair and hid behind the grand piano in the living room. Leilani curled up right beside her, mouth wide with awe.

The hazy red illumination from the Christmas tree engulfed the room with a sense of warmth, the flashing Christmas tree lights creating a wonderful painting for the small duo. In the center of this painting was a tall figure, standing in front of the fireplace with his back turned to the girls. The two girls leaned forward, trying desperately to get a glimpse of the man’s face to no avail.

Leilani huffed. “He’s not even fat! I don’t see a beard!” she whined, crossing her arms.

Jackie leaned forward some more. “Maybe he accepted the soymilk and oatmeal cookies we left him last year.”

“Or maybe Mrs. Clause was mad he didn’t share his cookies all these years and made him throw them all away!”

“How!? She can’t be where he is all the time!”

Leilani shrugged. “He sees us when we’re sleeping though. Maybe she uses the same strategy!”

Jackie blinked, lifting one hand and affectionately ruffling her sister’s hair. “Lei, you’re getting really smart, you know that!? She praised her sister. Leilani grinned brightly, proudly straightening her back at the thought of having her sister’s respect. “Now…” Jackie continued, lips stretching in a devious manner. “Let’s go catch him! We’ll sell him for profit!”