50 States of Mind ~ Hetalia Fanfic

New York rolled her eyes at Georgia as the Southern state finished her “peach lovers” speech. She was taking time out of their day to mention every way you could use her favorite fruit, then describing how to make them in detail. New York really didn’t care about peaches, or fruit in general (not counting apples), but what could she do?

Georgia was her best friend and with what happened the previous night, New York couldn’t stand to be away from her at the moment.

~ The Night Before

“New York, something awesome just happened! I’m telling you, dude, it’s beast!”

New York turned her head and stared into America’s blue eyes. “What’s up?” she asked, not really interested. She just wanted to go to her party and come back home, wasted, tired, and with some random guy’s wallet in her hands. No she wasn’t a thief (or at least not anymore), but she DID like handouts. When someone was right next to her, with their pocket open, inviting people to just take whatever valuables they had, she couldn’t resist. Of course if she was caught, she’d mutter an apology.

America grinned. “The boss created this epic new program. Guess what happens in it?”

“People die? Wait…are there guns!? I love guns!”

America laughed but shook his head. “Nah, not guns. The countries are coming to teach the states! It’s like this school thing. Best part is, I don’t have to participate! Awesome, right?”

New York’s eye twitched. “What?” she asked breathlessly. America repeated what he said, still grinning, waiting for a reaction. New York glared and dug her nails into the table beside her. “I’ll $@#$%@ kill the boss. I will…I’LL #$%#$%#$%# KILL HIM!”

America sweat dropped. “New York, calm down! I know you’ve got a temper, but-!”

“I DON’T HAVE A TEMPER! KEEP THEM AWAY FROM MY HOUSE! KEEP THEM OUT OF MY STATE! I AM NOT A #$%$#^#$&$% CHILD! DO I LOOK LIKE I NEED TO BE #$^$#^#$ TAUGHT!? I LET PEOPLE FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD INTO MY TERRITORY! SOME OF THEM PISS ME OFF! NOW I HAVE TO DEAL WITH THE COUNTRY TOO!? NO!”

America sweat dropped a bit more before slowly exiting the room and leaving New York to her rampage. She always took a while to cool down and many things set her off. He just didn’t think this would be one of those things…

~Back to Georgia and New York

New York frowned and decided to interrupt her fellow state. “Sorry, Geo, but I’ve got a question to ask. Did you hear about this whole country thing? Do you know why we’re having it?”

New York always felt strangely calm around Georgia. Georgia was a hot-blooded Southerner with spirit and she always spoke her mind, just in a more subtle way (most of the time. Don’t piss her off) than New York.

Georgia smiled. “Hun, I know everything that goes on in this little country of ours. America told you, huh?”

“First of all. I need my question answered and two….he bums out in my house all day. How would he not tell me?”

“True. When you going to kick him out?”

“When he stops bringing up the fact that he saved me from the other countries even though I DON’T remember them. He keeps going on about how he adopted all the states as his siblings and how he was proud when I agreed to join the Union and wait! We’re off topic! Damn it, Georgia, tell me why!” New York snapped angrily. Georgia whistled calmly.

“Well, the boss has been thinking that we’re a bit boxed in here, you know, hun? He thinks Americans should know more about other countries.”

New York shook her head. “Like I said-.”

“Not everyone adopted immigration in their lives like you did, hun. You had Ellis Island. We didn’t do that.” Georgia stated. New York rubbed her temples and nodded. “Well…yeah, I guess. Anyway, what do you think of it then? And is Hawaii coming? I haven’t seen her in a while!”

Georgia grinned. “You bet she is, hun! The All American Trio is reunited once again!”

New York stood up and put her fist to her chest. “Hell to the yeah we are! Maybe this won’t be so bad. I haven’t gambled with Nevada in a while.”

“Hun, don’t start. Stop losing money to him will you?”

“He owes me money too!”

“Does he…I don’t know anymore.”

New York rolled her eyes again, and looked towards the evening sky. “Tomorrow is when it starts, huh? Crap. I guess I can’t just parade the city streets in the morning anymore.”