Rin Gets a Summon (and Twilight is Not Pleased)

//A:N// I based the conversation between Konekomaru, Bon, and Rin off of the anime. I basically just wrote the dialogue (changed it slightly to fit the story, of course.) so.....yeah.

Dan and Rin dressed themselves, neither of them seeming to mind waking at the early hour, for neither had slept very well. Rin's hand sifted over the rim of his collar, trailing to one of the studded spikes, before resuming in preparations for the day. School itself would likely be no different other than the after-hours classes, of course, but that mattered not to either of them. Both of them were aware that they would be walking near their enemies, and that fact was worth the anticipation.

-

Shiemi eyed Rin curiously, watching him pass by with a more pronounced determination, attentiveness, and a sharpness only matched by that he showed when he had leapt into action to save the life of his fellow classmate. She watched him, in the only class they shared, as he eyed the teacher that would be temporarily replacing their usual instructor, family emergency being the only explanation given, although what family emergency would last the weeks it had been proclaimed he would be gone was beyond Shiemi's knowledge.

-

Shima glanced to Shiemi, the usual spark of flirtatious interest out shadowed by confusion and worried curiosity as he approached her.

"Hey, have you noticed Okumura-kun acting weird for the past few days?" He asked in a hushed voice, seeming to be headed in the same direction as the shorter person. She nodded, a dreamy look overtaking her face as she thought back to Rin's more recent behaviors.

"Yes, he's been so focused and ready, you'd think he was on a mission!" She said in an awe-filled voice, her volume hushed as she whispered back to him excitedly. Shima blinked at her, surprised at her lack of awareness of the odd behaviors Rin had been displaying. For whatever reason-most likely attraction-she had only noticed the positives, not the cold glances, not the silence, not the lack of enthusiasm, not the indifference to his brother of a teacher.

She had been filled with amazement at Rin's newfound resolve, he had been filled with concern and apprehension.

"Okay, yeah, I'll give you that," Shima agreed, stopping as they had arrived at her locker. It had been the last official class of the day, and now it was time to prepare for the after-hours classes.
"But haven't you noticed him glaring at the wall? How he's been ignoring Bon's attempts at starting a fight?" Shima asked, snapping Shiemi out of her fantasies and forcing her to look at him. She blinked, the starry look she had held within her gaze vanishing, and a look of perplexmxent replaced the previous expression. Her confused look said it all, and Shima didn't need to interrogate her further. He walked away, leaving a confused and baffled Shiemi in his wake.

-

Shiemi observed Rin, who she was sitting one table away from, with newfound interest, curious as to whether or not what she might discover would be cause for alarm, and if she would discover anything at all. Rin didn't seem to pay the lesson much mind, opting to set his head in one hand, supported by his elbow, and toy with a paperclip he had found. She realized that, while he was not paying the lesson any mind, he wasn't sleeping, as he would normally tend to do during these lessons.

She blinked, surprised at the realization, and then looked closer, squinting slightly, as if trying to observe something that had gone unnoticed prior to that moment. She realized, once again surprised, that his complexion had gotten a few shades lighter, his skin being slightly more pale, and that there was a definite shadow beneath his eyes, not quite bags, but the beginnings of them. It was a purple tint, which in itself was not out of the ordinary for someone with difficulty in sleeping, but the fact that he had them at all was eye-opening. Had he been having sleeping troubles?