Just end it, please.

Start from the beginning

I closed my eyes; just when I assumed everything was out in open, there had to be a cut in the circle of hope. I nodded slightly opening my eyes. Awaiting the shock which is going to fill my ears. 

"Not now," Her head slightly shook. "Get ready, I'm going to take you to Café Monarch." 

With that, she just left the room. My face just mirroring with horror-filled shocked. 

She needs to be forgiven with something else too. It's not only for last night. 

  ⚫⚫⚫

We parked in front of the Café and I slowly got off mom's car. I turned up to the big board which was how it always was. The creme yellow background and the white block letters. It's still the usual with a bell attached to the door so they can notify when people came and when they went. I stepped in and I reckoned mom followed. 

"Oh Jesus bless us," I heard a shriek from the reception table. 

The voice was from a middle aged young women with strands of dark brow hair lightening near the tips. Her olive green eyes delighted to see my mom while I stood there unnoticed. We turned to her when her, slightly I wouldn't call fat, but a healthy, short body came ahead of us. 

"Leah Anderson, about time you gave this place a visit." She clapped her hands and rested it on her cheek. 

"Hey..uh Nikki, nice to see you too." Mum replied smiling. 

But I caught the hesitation that very instant.

"And I thought you guys moved to some other state." She beamed. "Quite long a while isn't it-- Oh my.." She made an 'o' face turning to me. "This must be Stacy angel." She stepped forward towards me. 

I wanted to push her from me and then just stick myself to a corner but I didn't have time. She held onto my cheeks and she pulled it, like I was some teddy bear.

"Whoa whoa--" I pushed her hand, awkwardly smiling.

"How old is this pumpkin?" Nikki turned to mom. 

"Uh, 18." Mom nervously scratched her eyebrows. 

"Good God, she was like three or four when I last saw her, she looks so beautiful now." Nikki beamed at me again. 

"Er--thanks," I shrugged looking away. 

"Oh and Leah..." she dragged her voice and I rolled my eyes. "Why are you so pale? The bags under your eyes, haven't you been sleeping well? Aren't you not well--"

And her interference in our life dragged on and on and ugh! Okay I need to tape her mouth shut and seal her tongue.

I coughed looking at mom who just begged me with her eyes to stop Nikki from talking. 

"Hey where's James? Why, is he out parking your car?" She peeked out through the door. 

My insides froze again, and I felt mom groan under her breath. 

I cleared my throat, "Okay Nikki. My dad died thirteen years ago. Mom remarried six months before; and yesterday, we had a family crisis which most likely will end this marriage of hers as well. She was drunk yesterday, shattering glasses and she's completely broken on the inside. Here we are, trying to lighten things up so please don't make it anymore difficult for us. We've already been through enough hell." I smiled coughing again. "We'd like a table for two, please." 

I was positioning myself ready to catch her eyes which were almost going to pop out of their sockets. I smiled more when I saw mom widen her eyes at me too. I coughed, more purposely to snap Nikki out of her thoughts.