“Okay.”

I left her behind in the lab, with the task of cleaning up the monstrous amount of blood which had spilled on the floor.

“Lena… the morning sunlight is a bit too bright.”

“Johra that isn’t my doing, it’s….”

“Dad!”

“Ugh! Vez!”

She rushed into my embrace my and I was hit with a bright golden light . Vez had already grown to the size of junior high schooler and would emit different colours depending on her mood.

Her present golden light represented great joy.

“Dad! Dad! I finally won a game versus sister.”

Over the last 3 months she had developed a liking for the game of chess. Of course at first she wasn’t close to being a difficult opponent, but she learned quickly and just one month ago she overcame Jillian, and today she finally beat Jerna.

“Congrats Vez! Jerna is very strong at chess.

“Isn’t she just average though? Dad’s chess ability is the best in the world right?”

“Well… about that….”

I felt a bit bad about the deception.

“Johra you know that someday you’ll have to come clean about it….”

Lena spoke to me covertly, but I simply ignored her.

For a little while longer I wanted to keep up the appearance of a super dad.

“Even in chess there is a luck factor, so don’t get too ahead of yourself after just one win. There is always a stronger opponent waiting for you out there.”

“Yup, you are so right. Even princess Mayardus is much stronger than Jerna, I have no chance against her.”

“Yeah, the princess is good at chess.”

“By the way, who is Lilinor? I heard about this mysterious sister who is even stronger in chess.”

“Oh… she’s a friend of your dad’s, but we haven’t seen each other in quite some time.”

“Ah, I hope that I can meet her some day!”

“Sure.”

“Truly?”

“Yes, I promise.”

In the past I would hold in contempt those fathers which were unable to refuse any of their daughter’s requests, but it appears that I had somehow joined their ranks.

“Dad will you be going to bed now?”

“I guess….”

“It feels like you spend your entire days playing with big sister Melpomene, you should rest more often.”

“Yes, I’ll do that.”

Allowing Vez to lead me to our bedroom, I walked in to join Viezda who was resting after her morning exercises.

“Johra are you tired?”

Biezda stared into my eyes lovingly.

“I’m sorry about all this Viezda.”

“No, not at all.”

“You see….”

“I just hope that this remains a phase and that it doesn’t last too long.”

It was terrible misunderstanding, but I decided to let it rest for now. Still I knew that I would have to soon explain myself to her so that she wouldn’t feel too sad.