Chapter 4

Christian's POV
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's been two weeks since my little outburst with Taylor and I still feel weird when I'm around him. The bright side is that Leah and I have become really good friends. We share a lot of common interest. Taylor on the other hand, I have been keeping a distance, we still talk and hang out but I just don't feel, well I don't know what I'm feeling. He confronted me one time to ask why I'm acting weird, but I just told him that it was nothing. I don't know what to make of how he made me feel then and what he's making me feel now.

We had English class together and so did Leah, I wonder how I didn't notice her. He came and sat beside me and Leah in front, I didn't look at him. It was going good until, Taylor asked to borrow a pen. I handed it to him and our hand touched and a small shiver went through my body and I instantly released the pen and it fell to the floor.

  "What's up Chris? You've been acting strange recently." Taylor whispered.

  "It nothing." I told him, trying to keep my voice steady.

  "What going on with you guys? You good Christian?" Leah turned and asked.

I nodded and Taylor continued to stare at me and I was becoming uncomfortable. The bell rang just in time and I dashed out as quickly as I could.

  "Christian!" I heard Leah's voice called when I reached my locker. When they both got there, they were out of breath, probably were running after me.

  "What was that dude? Why did you ditch us?" Taylor asked.

  "Nothing, just wanted to get out." I replied not looking at him. He was going to say something when he was interrupted.

  "Oh look guys. It's the psycho and his loser friends." We all turned to see Bryan Evans, a meathead. The student in the hallway laughed, what was so funny?

We turned back around and I retrieved my book and so did Taylor. We ignored him and his comments. He started about a week ago and I didn't let things get to me and I sure ain't going to let him get to me, he isn't worth it. I entered the Physics lab with Leah, seriously I didn't know she was in so many of my classes, she is even in my Biology class. She ditched her previous partner to be mine. We worked in our experiment, but my mind was somewhere else and I almost made a mistake. I thought about Taylor all through the experiment.

When lunch came we all grabbed our lunch and went to our usual table. We sat down and eat in a comfortable silence.

   "Hey, Christian, you looked spaced out in physics today. What was on your mind?" I looked up at Leah and she was looking straight at me. I turned to see Taylor also looking in my direction and I kind of got a little nervous. I can't tell her I was thinking about Taylor and especially if he's sitting right in front of me.

   "Nothing really important, so you don't have to worry." I told her and returned to eating whatever they considered food in the school.

   "You looked really preoccupied. You almost messed up the experiment, you never do that. What is it? Do you have a crush?" She asked and it took me sometime to realize what is just said.

A crush? Me. No way. Maybe?

I turned to see Taylor looking at me again, but this time I saw a look in his eyes that I never saw before and I could not grasp it.

   "Me, have a crush please. You should know better Leah." Even though I said that I was trying my darn hardest to hide the blush that decided to choose this exact moment to make its debut on my face.

   "Yeah, I know. There is no girl in this school that is worth Christian Blake's precious time. I am right Taylor?" She turned to him. "Earth to Taylor!" She said and it seems to bring him back to reality.