Chapter 3

Christian's POV
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's been a week now and Taylor still insisted we are friends and to tell the truth, I don't get as annoyed as I was when he first started. He's kind of growing on me and I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing.

 "Hey Christian!" I heard someone shout from behind me. When I turned around it was Taylor. "Hey man, why are you walking so fast?" He came to stop beside me, panting, because he was out of breath.

  "Why were you running? I told you to meet me at my locker, not chase me in the hallway." I told him and he just shrugged and made a gesture that said that I should continue walking.

We walked until we got to my locker, his locker was two lockers down from mine.

  "You have Chemistry now right?" He asked and nodded. "Well I have Engineering. So see you in Math class then." He said and patted me on my shoulder as he passed and made his way to class.

I entered the lab and went to my usual seat at the back. I was preparing the apparatuses needed for the experiment that we'll be doing. We were ready to being. Mr. Cane handed out the sheets to record you results. I started before everyone, but stopped because Mr. Cane came and told me that I have a new lab partner. I looked up at him, I was confused, I never had a lab partner since I started doing chemistry.

 "Christian. This is Leah Grey, she just transferred to chemistry and she is your lab partner." Mr. Cane told me and I looked over at the girl. She had ginger red hair and had thick rimmed glasses on her face, but if you looked close you can see freckles on her nose that spreads to her cheeks.

She came to stand beside me and she didn't say a word. Why would she? I was probably the last person she would have wanted as her lab partner. We continued with the experiment, Leah helped, she seemed to know what to do even though she just came into chemistry.

 "Hey..umm..Christian, can you help me with this?" She asked breaking the silence between us. I looked at her for a minute.

 "Sure. What is it?" She pointed to the question and I helped her with it. She thanked me and I said it was no problem. We continue on and then the bell rang and I grabbed my things and gave my sheet to Mr. Cane and head straight to my locker. I got my books and went straight to math.

  "Hey Chris!" I heard Taylor shouted and luckily the only other person in the class was the teacher.

I walked over to my seat and sat down. I turned to glare at him beside me.

  "Why are you so loud? I received more attention since you got here than I have since I've been here." I told him and he was about to says something when the class began.

Lunch finally came and I went to my usual table after I grabbed my lunch. I was there probably two minutes until I looked up to see Taylor heading towards me with one hand holding a lunch tray and the other dragging Leah behind him. What?

 "Hey Chris, look who I saw looking over here. I almost bumped into her." He said to me when he sat down. I looked up at Leah, she was still standing. Taylor looked up too. "Sit down, come on, sit." He told her.

We sat there in an really awkward silence, until Taylor finally spoke up.

  "So what's your name?" He asked, but the question was directed at Leah.

  "Um...Leah. You?"

  "Me, I'm Taylor, and that grumpy person over there is Christian."

  "I know who he is, he's my chemistry partner." She told him.