2.1

it's been a few days since the news spread that jaedyn's father was dead. she hated crying so she tried not to do it too much.

her and her mom were still devastated about the tragedy. she would hear her mother crying softly alone in her room, and she would go in and comfort her. the sad truth was that she would have to get over it in a few months. she could already see the stares from when she walks in on the first day of school, which was the next day.

she always wanted her father to change his horrible ways but she never wanted him dead.

the only person that she felt like being around was richie. she only wanted to be with richie and he was all that she wanted to touch and talk to.

i guess you could say that she has been feeling a bit hormonal for the past few days and it was honestly scaring richie. she has never been that touchy or clingy.

whenever they walked somewhere together she was always holding his hand or touching him in some sort of way. her mom told her that it was 'just a part of growing up' but jaedyn hated it.

the poor girl felt like she was annoying him and being too clingy, so she was gonna let him live for a while. she was bored out of her mind and of course she wanted to call richie but she held herself back, telling herself that he needed space.

she was was laying on her bed, staring at models in different magazines wishing that she looked like them. she sighed and threw the magazine across the room.

she heard her mother coming in from the front door and she quickly got up and raced to the living room.

"hi mommy."

"hey honey, can you run me a few errands?" she gave her a list of things that she needed to pick up. "will i get payed for this?"

"goodbye!" her mother exclaimed. jaedyn laughed and grabbed her shoes  before walking out of the door. it didn't take too long to ride into town with her skateboard.

the events that happened last month changed her whole view on derry. she never noticed how small and suspicious the town looked.

as she decided to get off of her skateboard and start walking, someone jumped right in front of her, who happened to be nick.

richie was right, he did win the fight.

nick looked like he fell from the sky and landed straight on his face.

"hey." it was a simple word but he sounded so obnoxious when he said it. she ignored him and simply walked around him.

"oh come on! give me a chance." he said, following her.

"i know what you were saying about me and you're disgusting so just leave me alone." she spat at him.

"richie was lying!" she rolled her eyes so hard that they could fall out.

"and tell me why the fuck he would do that?" she asked. he stayed silent, trying to think of an excuse.

"exactly." she started to walk off again but he grabbed her hand and pulled her back. "don't fucking touch me!"

"do we have a problem here?" a deep voice yelled. they turned their heads and saw none other than richie walking down the alley way beside them.

jaedyn sighed loudly. she just wanted to get the errands over with.

"yeah, your girlfriend is being a fucking bitch." nick said confidently. jaedyn scoffed as richie pushed him back.

"hey, watch your fucking mouth." richie demanded. jaedyn grabbed his arm and slightly pulled him back. "richie, lets just go. he's not worth our time." she reassured, which slightly calmed him down.

"so i'm not worth your time but this motherfucker is?"

"yes actually, because he doesn't talk about me like i'm a fucking pork chop." she fired back, getting very angry at the boy. "you didn't see an interest in me until summer, if we were still in eighth grade you wouldn't even notice me."

"oh yeah, tozier here used to despise you! now all of a sudden you two are all lovey dovey." she was beyond furious at this point.

"richie and i have gone through so much shit together that you wouldn't even believe half of it. god, just go the fuck home and suck your own dick since nobody else wants to do it for you."

richie tried to stifle a laugh but failed.  jaedyn furiously grabbed his hand and started to storm away.

"stupid whore." nick mumbled under his breathe. richie clenched his fists hard and turned around, making nick flinch. jaedyn held him back as nick started to run away.

she let out a sniffle and started walking into the empty alley. she sat on the small crate the ben sat on when bowers got to him as she started to openly cry. all of the stress from school starting, her father, and the name that nick just called her ganged up on her.

richie ran up and sat down next to her. she looked at him with big glossy eyes, "you must think that i'm such a crybaby." she choked out as she wiped her tears.

"no, it's okay, you're not." he reassured her. "yes i am."

"no you're not."

"am too."

"are not."

"am too"

"are not."

"am t-" she stopped when they both heard footsteps running near them. they looked to their right to see eddie running towards them, but he tripped on something and fell, causing the two to burst out laughing. jaedyn was laughing so hard that she actually fell on the floor and started rolling around.

richie was cracking up so much that he had tears coming out of his eyes. "oh shut up!" he yelled angrily causing them to laugh even more.

"anyways, beverly wants us to meet in the field. i came looking for you guys but i found you." eddie explained.

"my mom needed me to do some stuff but she can wait. let's go."

-

very short, sorry.