1.0

"shut up richie! you're just mad because you spent all your tickets on trying to get a bear for lacey!"

"you shut up jaedyn!"

"sore loser!"

they shot back and forth as they were battling each other on a racing game. it was in an arcade booth in the fair but you wouldn't blame them, the battle was pretty intense.

the losers all gave each other a look as they decided to let her and richie do what they needed to do so that they could have their own fun. they quietly snuck out of the booth as the two threw insults back at each other. before they left, stan went up and whispered sometime in jae's ear. this distracted richie causing him to lose the game.

"fuck!" he yelled as he saw the purple car reach the finish line before him. jaedyn jumped off the machine and pointed at him.

"ha! you owe me twenty bucks, mate." richie groaned and turned around with a look of confusion. "wait, where's the others?" he asked.

"oh, stan said something in my ear about leaving us alone tog- oh that idiot!" she shook her head as he did the same.

he snuck an arm around her shoulder. "well, i guess we have the night to ourselves." he winked. she blushed and grabbed his nose, pulling him away from her. "woah there buddy."

they spent the rest of the night walking around and talking about random things. he watched at how happy she got when she talked about things that she loved, like skateboarding. she would do a cute little jump and smile, showing her barely noticeable dimples. she wasn't the only one though.

she absolutely loved how he looked without his glasses. he looked like a whole new person.

as they were walking richie asked, "so you and stan, huh?" she stared at him in confusion.

"what? no, we're just friends. even though, he is cute." her eyes widened as richie frowned. she turned towards him with a look of horror. "oh god! please don't te-"

"it's okay. i might be an asshole but i'm not completely useless." he smiled. she gave him a pat on the back. he didn't feel right. he felt a pang of jealousy in his chest.

"hey, wanna go on the ferris wheel?" he asked her, trying to ignore the feeling. she stayed silent for a moment.

but you're scared of heights. hell, you could barely jump off the cliff at the quarry!

but this is the boy that you like!

i know he's my crush! but why does it matter anyway? he's clearly into lacey!

but, what if he doesn't like lacey?

you have a point.

i always do.

"o-okay, sure." she finally said, winning the argument she had with herself in her head. surprisingly there was no line for the ride so she didn't have time to mentally prepare herself.

she sent a small smile to the employee as she sat on the metal seat with her heart beating rapidly. after a while, they were one more transition from being at the very top of the farris wheel. it was a little higher than she thought it would be. richie noticed her breathing get a little bit louder and faster.

"hey, are you okay?" she turned to him with wide eyes. she slightly shook her head her breathing got heavier.

"this is probably a bad time to tell you that i'm afraid of heights." she said again. she hated herself even more than she already did at that moment.

"it's okay, just breathe." at the worst exact moment, the farris wheel shifted up to the next position so that they were now at the top. "why do you think i was so hesitant to jump off the cliff?" she asked, still chasing her breath.

richie had no idea what to do. he absolutely hated to see the girl sad right in front of him. she was having a full on panic attack and he was just sitting there like a coward. he had to do something. he looked as she had her head down, obviously embarrassed.

without thinking richie cupped her cheeks, making her turn to him. "hey, i know you're scared, but it's okay. i got you and i won't let anything happen to you." her breathing slowed down a little bit. she slightly nodded into his hands. she looked over to richie, grabbing his hand. he could just feel himself melting under her touch.

"thank you." she gave him another toothy smile before realizing that she actually held his hand and not to help him up from the ground. she quickly pulled away, but richie grabbed her hand again. her face heated up as she took a look down. she was still very frightened at the sight. she hated being this high from the ground.

there was a comfortable silence as the ride went on. when they finally got to the bottom, jaedyn didn't hesitate to jump off of the seat, richie following closely behind her.

"h-hey, i had fun tonight, with you of course." she said, smiling. she really did. she felt like she connected with him in a way that she's never connected with anybody. they learned more about each other throughout the whole night.

richie was gonna say something back, but he heard his name being called in a high pitched voice. he turned around to be met with lacey standing with a hand full of tickets. he turned back around to jaedyn, who had a straight face. she rolled her eyes and sighed.

"go."

he shook his head. "no, i do-"

"richie, go." she said again. he grabbed her shoulders and gave her a quick peck on the cheek before running off to his crush. well, one of them.

she stood in the same spot as she heard richie tell lacey a dirty joke from afar. she looked down and sighed, before eventually walking off to go find the losers. she took another look back before fully walking off.
_

this is so short OOF

THAT WAS THE WORST ENDING 

my 'being a good writer' machine broke.

damn let me shut the fuck up ok bye