0.5

(mentions of suicide)

jaedyn threw away her towels and
walked out of the restroom. richie stared at himself in the mirror, wondering what the hell just happened. was he really about to kiss her?

stan started running towards the front door of the parlor and once he got outside he once again, harshly pulled eddie to the side.

"st-"

"they were about to kiss! they were about to fucking kiss!" he whisper-yelled to eddie with wide eyes. eddie blinked and struggled to take in the sudden information. "i-"

"what're you guys talking about?" jaedyn cut off as she moved her arms around both of their shoulders. stan and eddie gave each other that look. "on a scale of one to ten, how much do you like richie?" eddie suddenly questioned. stan smacked him in the back of the head as he sighed.

"what?"

"okay losers, we're done!" richie yelled as he walked out of the parlor. "not really. jaedyn still has smoothie in her hair." ben stated with a chuckle. jae laughed as ben ruffled her hair and put his arm around her shoulder. jaedyn was definitely the closest to ben in the group.

believe it or not, they've even had sleepovers. they've ridden their bikes together and ran from henry bowers together. she was really confused when she found out that he had went to the library and researched the history of derry without her as they spent a lot of their free time together.

richie tried to contain his redness as he watched the two joke around and laugh with each other.

eddie noticed and nudged stan as he pointed toward richie's clenched fists. eddie smirked and walked ahead to catch up with him.

"what's got you so mad?" eddie asked as he motioned to richie's fist. "i'm not mad." he mumbled.

he looked away from the two best friends and and unclenched his fists. "really? because you were looking straight at ben and jaedyn." richie sighed and ran a hand through his soft curly hair.

"i'm not jealous, eddie." he stated as he picked up his bike. eddie only chuckled and did the same.

"who said anything about being jealous?" eddie questioned. richie finally looked over at eddie and kept his mouth shut. eddie winked before mounting his bike.

"hey guys, i gotta get going. see ya later!"  eddie, beverly, bill, and stan said the same and eventually rode off leaving ben, richie, and jaedyn.

"hey, i've gotta get going too." ben stated as he looked at his incorrect watch. jaedyn sighed and nodded her head.

"walkie me tonight!" he yelled. richie rolled his eyes at the thought of her and ben talking alone tonight. he shook out of it though. he knew that he needed to chill out because ben and jaedyn were friends before she met richie, so it was no big deal.

she laughed and waved before turning to richie. there was an awkward silence before she decided to speak up.

"hey, do you wanna maybe, um, hit the arcade? oh, we can play dragon's lair!" jaedyn squealed at the thought of finally being able to play dragon's lair. richie chuckled and shook his head at the pretty girl in front him before looking up.