1.6

lacey sat in the chair at front of the counter at greta's dad's pharmacy. she obnoxiously chewed on her bubble gum as she watched the very little amount of customers come and go.

"have a nice day." greta handed the man his change and he walked out. she turned around to lacey and leaned on the counter.

"so, someone told me that you have a crush on tozier." she stated. lacey looked up with wide eyes.

"who?" she tried to keep her cool but she was scared that greta would kick her out of the 'clique' for having a crush on a loser.

"do you?" greta asked and ignored her question. she kept quiet as her green eyes roamed around the room avoiding eye contact with greta.

"m-maybe?" she closed her eyes, waiting for greta to react. she honestly didn't even care.

"i guess it's fine, he did get more attractive over the school year. just think about how he'll look in high school." greta said, walking to the back of the medicine cart to grab her eyeshadow pallet.

lacey opened her eyes and sighed in relief. she turned around to where greta was standing. she flipped open the mirror and applied more lip gloss.

"but isn't he dating jaedyn? hard to believe." she chuckled. lacey furrowed her brows. "wait, seriously?" greta nodded. they heard the bell go off but they ignored it.

"but i kissed him like twice!" she raised her voice. greta stopped applying her lip gloss.

"chill, you'll probably win him over."

"win who over?"

the girls jumped as they turned around to see eddie and jaedyn standing at the counter.

"didn't you just refill last week, eddie?" greta questioned, shaking her head.

"it's for me." jaedyn fixed her posture, trying to look tough in front of the two. especially lacey, since richie used to like her. greta rolled her eyes. she was about to make a snarky remark, but she remembered what happened and left her alone. lacey always hated the girl. she's been making it a competition between the two over who could win over richie in her head and she was furious that jaedyn won.

which made absolutely NO SENSE because jaedyn didn't know that lacey liked richie.

"last name?" she asked with an attitude. jaedyn gave her the 'who do you think you're talking to?' look.

after the clown, she told herself that she wasn't gonna be a coward and be a little bitch over everything. she hated the clown with all her might, but it helped her in a way.

"grace." greta's stomped to the back of the pharmacy. there was an awkward silence for a good five seconds.

"so eddie, where's your other half?" lacey asked, completely ignoring jaedyn's presence. he looked up to her. "richie? he's waiting outside." eddie said quietly. they turned around when they heard the sound of the bell going off at the door.

"what's taking you fuckers so lo-" they turned around as richie tripped on his own shoe string and fell, knocking down a whole stand with chips on it.