0.8

it was silent as the two walked down the street to the pharmacy. bill had offered to keep richie's bike at his house and beverly took jae's skateboard with her.

nobody bothered to say a word. until now.

"so, what the hell happened?" she finally asked, breaking the comfortable silence. richie thought of what he could say. "i-um-he said some things about someone that made me mad. so i beat his ass like the protective friend that i am!" richie said.

she nodded slowly before asking, "who was it about?"

he couldn't think of a way to get out of it. he had no idea who he would punch someone for, besides his friends. he really did care for her, and he's only been hanging with her for two weeks. he thought about how bad he's treated her in the past.

now, he thought that she deserved the whole world. she was caring, sweet, and she always put others before herself.

"he said some things about you. and you're considered as one of my friends so i had to kick his ass!" this caused the girl to stop straight in her tracks, sending richie to stop too. he looked her dead in the eye. her lips formed into a small smile as she put her hand over her heart.

"you fought him... for me?" by now her cheeks began to heat up. richie nodded his head and smiled back at the girl. "okay now you're being dramatic-"

she cut him off and pulled him in for a tight hug. nobody has cared about her enough to go that far. she was happy because she loved how it felt like to have someone stick up for her. "thank you, but that was stupid as hell."

he chuckled and hesitantly wrapped his arms around her waist, making sure there was nobody else around them.

they stayed like that for a minute before she pulled back and pointed out, "this would be a better moment if you weren't covered in bruises." richie laughed and ruffled her hair.

"and... you know that i said i'm not mad right? it doesn't have to be so awkward between us." she pointed out as they started walking again.

"yeah... but i'm really, really sorry. i'm a really shitty friend, and i promise that i'll never do anything like that again. i'd honestly let you kick me in the balls for revenge." there was a small silence as her smile grew bigger.

"okay." she whispered, ignoring the last part as they started walking again.

_

the girl roamed through the aisles of the pharmacy as she picked up everything that she might need. she could practically feel mr. keene's eyes following her everywhere she went. once she was done, she awkwardly walked up to the desk and put her things on the counter.

he smirked at her as he took out her changed from the cash register and handed it to her. "have a nice day, young lady." she nodded before taking her bag and walking straight out the door, only to see richie joking around with lacey.

"i-i-i'm done." she stuttered out. she immediately gave herself a mental face palm. "i-i-i! who are you, bill?" lacey chuckled. jaedyn put her head down in embarrassment as richie smiled at the lacey. she listened as she fiddled with the bag and as they said their goodbyes. lacey walked off, but turned around. jaedyn looked back up to see what she was going to say.