1.9

"sweetie, i'm off to work!" jaedyn's mother yelled from the doorway. jaedyn looked up from her sketch in confusion. "wait!"

she jumped off her bed and ran out of her room and into the kitchen. "you said that this was gonna be our night." she pouted. her mother sighed and rubbed her forehead.

"i did, didn't i? i'm sorry, hun. but tomorrow for sure, okay?"

"fine. can i have richie over?" she asked hopefully. "no."

"what?! hey, you owe me!" she exclaimed.

"alright fine. but i don't know when i'm getting off so if i come back to some funny business, no richie for two weeks." her mother told her sternly, pointing her finger in jaedyn's face.

"of course, mommy. bye!" she locked the door behind her mother and went back to her room. she hasn't seen richie in about four days and school started in two weeks for them.

they've only been having late night phone calls, talking about anything. they missed each other dearly, but they've hung out almost every day of the summer so it felt kind of good.

he told her that his relationship with his mom was getting better and that they were spending more time with each other so she didn't want to come in and interrupt. he told her that his mom was gonna try to cut off the drinking.

she was so happy that things were going that way. she remembered when he came to her house sobbing because his mother yelled at him when she wasn't sober. that was also the day of their first kiss with each other.

she smiled at the memory. she was so flushed and surprised that he kissed her back. she heard the doorbell rang and ran into the kitchen but looked out the window first.

when she saw who it was, she smiled widely. she opened the door, ready to give him a giant hug but she just screamed and took a few steps back. there standing was richie, he looked like he had gotten beaten up. he had bruises on the sides of his cheek, a busted lip, and a slightly bloody nose.

"holy shit, what happened to you? you look like how ben looked after the fight!" she grabbed his arm and pulled him inside. "i got into a little disagreement." he told her as she stepped into the bathroom to get some supplies.

"and?"

"it was with nick and his ugly friends."  he continued as she poured alcohol onto a towel. he sat down at the dining room table and she pulled up a chair in front of him. "about?"

"they were just talking shit- ow!" he flinched as she placed the towel onto his nose. "sorry, babe. can you tell me what they were talking about?"

he sighed and looked straight at her. "you. they were talking about how hot o-or sexy you've gotten over the summer and it was gross. they talked about how bad they wanted to fuck you or how they wanted you t-to-you know what i mean. so i simply punched nick and his other pussy friends ran away but he didn't go down without a fight...i won by the way." he ranted. it made him want to kill someone, they way that they were talking about her, like she was a piece of meat.

"that's disgusting, i'm glad i wasn't there to witness it. but thanks for sticking up for me. my hero." she giggled.

"but you've fought enough people this summer, you should dial it down or you'd be expelled before school even starts."