Chapter 3

Jason's POV

Percy, Leo and I sit at the campfire, listening to the Apollo kids singing campfire songs. The energy must be insane because the fire keeps getting higher and higher. Somehow, Percy ends up falling asleep on my shoulder. I smile and bring him closer to me. When I do this he cuddles closer to me and starts snoring lightly. Leo speaks up over the silence between us, "Hey, Jason, can I talk to you about something?" My eyebrows raise slightly at his serious tone but I nod and he continues. "I need your help with something. It's Calypso," he pauses, his voice breaking, "She's dying."

My face pales at this and I furrow my brows, "What do you mean she's dying? What happened Leo?"

Leo doesn't look at me, he just looks at the ground. I notice a single tear fall off his face and land in the dirt. "She was practicing her magic one day and something went horribly wrong. All I remember is hearing a blood-curdling scream and seeing her fall. Next thing I know we're in the infirmary and they're telling me they don't know what's wrong. The doctors said they'd try everything they can," he pauses to wipe his face, "But I see their faces, they're running out of options." Leo looks up at me and I realize how devastated he is. "Jason, I need to help her. I can't just let her die," he says clenching his fists.

I grab his shoulder gently, he looks at me, "I'm going to do everything in my power to help you Leo, whatever it takes." This makes Leo smile, "So, what do you need?"

Leo's smile drops and he sighs, "I need to find a staff that some sorceress has. I know where it is, but actually getting it is the problem." What is a staff supposed to do? Leo notices my confusion and explains, "The staff I'm looking for is very powerful and it can reverse any curse or even bring people back from the brink of death."

I nod, "I bet that pisses off the Fates quite a bit." Leo chuckles and nods. "Alright Leo, I'll help you get that staff and save Calypso. I'll tell Percy tomorrow, I'm sure he'll understand."

Leo's face pales, "No! You can't tell Percy. This needs to be kept a secret. If you tell Percy, he's going to want to come with us. This is just a two person gig, Jason, and Percy would just distract you. I need you at 100%." I nod but it still doesn't feel right, lying to Percy. We've been through so much, I bet he would understand. But I don't to put Leo and me in danger. I suppose, I'll tell Percy when I return from our 'quest.' I also don't want Percy to worry about either of us. I agree to Leo's terms and he looks relieved. This must be a lot of pressure on him.

The next morning Percy and wake up, our limbs tangled together. There's no other way I'd rather wake up. I get flashbacks to when I would sneak out of my own cabin to meet Percy in his. (A/N: (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ) I smile at the memories and nuzzle against Percy's chest. I feel his arms around and I feel safe. Suddenly, I hear loud knocking on Percy's cabin door. Percy groans, but slowly rises to answer the door. I watch as his leaves and my eyes linger on his back muscles. How did I get so lucky? I hear Percy open the door and him talking with the person who knocked. Then, I hear footsteps running down the hallway and I feel someone jump onto the bed. I groan at the sudden weight on me. I open my eyes and see Leo laying across me, "Get up Jason, it's breakfast time!" I look over at Percy who smirks and leans against the doorframe.

I sigh, "Alright, alight, I'm awake. However, you're preventing me from getting fully up." Leo laughs and rolls off me. He lands with a 'thump' but quickly stands up.

"Get dressed and meet me in the dining hall," Leo says already heading out our bedroom door.

I stand and Percy comes towards me. He wraps his arms around my neck and kisses me gently. I wrap my arms around his waist and bring him closer. I smile into the kiss as Percy tries to deepen it. I pull away, Percy pouts slightly. "I need to talk to you, babe," I say and Percy's face falls. "It's not bad, I promise," I say quickly. Percy looks slightly relieved but still worried. "Leo asked me to go to New Rome with him, just for a little bit. Apparently, the camp needs serious help and he asked me for help. It'd only be for a week or two then, I'll be back. I promise," as I say this Percy shakes his head slightly.

"What if I come with you? I can help too," Percy suggests.

I shake my head, "There's no use in both of us buying a plane ticket, if it'll only take a few days. Plus, we both can't leave our jobs, and it's dangerous for you to fly.

Percy looks sad but nods, "You're right, even though I hate it."

I give him a small smile, "I'll be back before you know it, you won't even know I'll be gone."

Percy kisses me gently, "You better be, who else am I supposed to cuddle?" I chuckle and he brings me in for a hug. I hug him back and kiss his shoulder. I'm sorry, Percy.

---------------------
Hey y'all! We're finally starting to get into the juicy bits of the story! Fun!! Anyways, I hope you enjoy reading and I'll (hopefully) have the next update soon! Stay fabulous!