Chapter 8: Movie Night

Start from the beginning

Mitsuki angrily brought her hand up to her forehead. "What has gotten into that idiot recently?! So loud so close to dinner. The disrespect! I'm gonna give him a piece of my goddamn mind tonight..." She muttered to herself.

[Y/n] had not realized she'd been frozen in place, staring at the letter in Mitsuki's hand until she felt the soft touch of Masaru's hand on her shoulder. She looked up at his calm, smiling face.

"Well, aren't you gonna open your letter too?" He asked.

[Y/n] gulped as she looked back at Mitsuki. She was now smiling. Her hand outstretched itself to [Y/n], so she could take the letter. [Y/n] hastily took it out of her hand and stared at it. She felt as if the letter were a bomb, and it could explode at any second. She wasn't ready to open it.

"L-let's eat first! I don't want to ruin my appetite after you guys went through all the trouble of making this delicious-looking meal!" [Y/n] suggested.

Mitsuki and Masaru exchanged worried looks before nodding. They all sat down at the dinner table and began making small talk as they filled their plates with food. However, no matter how hard [Y/n] tried, she couldn't stop thinking about the letter.

~

Katsuki walked into the kitchen to grab a glass of water. His parents had already gone to bed and he assumed [Y/n] had as well. He stopped in his tracks when his eyes met with [Y/n]'s form, sitting hunched over at their kitchen's island. She was staring at her letter, the envelope still unopened. Her (e/c) eyes were so concentrated on the white paper, she hadn't noticed Katsuki. He narrowed his eyes at her before clearing his throat.

[Y/n] lifted her head quickly, surprised by his sudden presence. Her cheeks became slightly flushed. Oh man, how long had he been standing there? How long have I been staring at my letter...?

Katsuki walked over to the sink, keeping his gaze glued to [Y/n]'s.

"Well?!" He suddenly spoke. His voice came out harsh. He turned on the tap and water poured into his cup. "You gonna open it or not?!"

[Y/n] looked back down at the letter, still too scared to even touch it. She sighed and ran a hand through her (h/c) hair.

"I-I'm just not ready..."

Katsuki looked at her with angry confusion. He flipped the tap off and placed his glass next to the sink. 

"Not ready? What kind of bullshit is that?! We've been waiting a whole week for this shit and you're not ready?!"

[Y/n] sighed again, looking up at the boy. "Yes, okay? I'm so nervous I can barely stand it. I don't know if I'm ready for the answer. I don't know what I'd do if I got rejected..."

Katsuki scoffed and rolled his eyes, although, his features softened ever so slightly.

"Did you get in?" She timidly asked.

Katsuki's expression hardened again.

"Of course I did! They'd all be dick-for-brains to not let me in their school!" He yelled, clenching a fist against his chest.

[Y/n] looked back at her envelope. She thought back to their significant differences in exam scores for the combat portion. The seedling of doubt in her stomach had bloomed into a thriving thorn bush. 

Katsuki let out an annoyed sigh and walked over to where she was sitting. [Y/n] looked at him in confusion, not completely sure what he was going to do. He sat himself down in the chair beside her. Katsuki's glare hardened as he looked straight into her nervous (e/c) eyes.

"Look, I understand you're nervous, but you're acting like shitty Deku right now and it's pissing me off," [Y/n] pouted and put her finger up to retaliate but Katsuki swatted it away before finishing "Your scores seemed decent and I know you passed the written portion cause you're a dumb nerd, so your chances of getting in are high, but you won't know until you open your letter."