100k

Once you entered the house, Ariel was already rolled over on the couch with an even fluffier blanket around him. A lamp shaped like a group of ballerinas was on, giving the room a soft orange luminescence. Michael was sitting at the bar, drinking a glass of orange soda. Jeremy was sitting in a recliner, looking around awkwardly. Ariel groaned when the doorbell rang. Soon after was a melodic voice. "Rawr, XD." Ariel looked at his phone, and then pointed at the door, mumbling something unintelligible. Jeremy silently let in the newcomers: a dark-skinned stout fellow who smiled and nodded politely at you, a taller guy with curly hair who bounded right over to Ariel with a smug but friendly look on his face, and a third person who simply gave a curt nod to everyone in the room.

"Pardon my friends, they aren't very fluent in how to talk to strangers," said the first guy. "You can call me Jimmy. My name is Ja-well, friends call me Jimmy so it doesn't really matter, and um..." You cut him off. "I'm Y/N. It's nice to meet you, Jimmy." He looked relieved, but still nervous. You weren't sure why you were able to handle these strangers so well, but you were perfectly fine. These people just seemed so familiar to you, but you couldn't put your finger on it. You blinked as a patient hand was put before you.

"I'm Aaron," the third person said, and though his tone was friendly, his face was blank. Jimmy gave him a pointed look. Aaron pretended to not notice it. "I have a good feeling about you," Aaron said. Then he smiled slightly. He turned to the curly haired dude, clearing his throat. Aaron was not afforded even a bit of attention. He rolled his eyes. "That's Josh." Josh and Ariel were in a slight debate, judging from their body language.

Although, to be honest, Ariel seems to constantly be in a fighting mood.

Michael was still intently staring at his glass. You creeped over to him.

"Are you okay?" You said, putting a gentle hand on his shoulder. "Those people aren't supposed to be here." You gave him a shocked look. You didn't really take him to be that kind of person. "What?" He looked at you. "I didn't mean like that, Y/N. I didn't mean it like in geography, I meant it in- uh, nevermind. Just be wary of them, okay? Jimmy's a little better than those other two, but-" He cut off, glancing behind you. You turned around. Aaron was approaching, his eyebrows raised. "No need to cut off the conversation," he said with a careful voice, keeping a blank face. "Well, it's useless to assume that you're talking about anything other than myself and possibly Josh and Jimmy. All good things, I should hope." He laughed a dry laugh.

"I'd like to speak with Y/N-" Michael cut him off. "No, she was talking to me, she should be allowed to continue uninterup-" Perhaps just to piss Michael off, Aaron cut in again with a scathing voice. "I believe that you were in fact the one who was talking, and how dare you make that decision for her." Aaron still had a mostly neutral look on his face, but you could see how his jaw was clenched, and there was a dark, complicated look in his eyes.

You looked at Michael. He didn't seem to trust Aaron, but you still weren't afraid of him. In fact, when you looked at him, you almost felt like he was already your friend and had been for a very long time. Which made this... whatever it was, fight, quarrel, whatever, pretty awkward for you. "Hey," you said softly. "I'll talk to Aaron for a little, okay? Michael looked like he wanted to protest, but then just sighed. "Okay." Aaron motioned for you to follow him as he walked across the room, closer to where Ariel was hiding.

You stopped for a moment.

Did you really want to go near Ariel? He seemed sick and in a bad mood, which you weren't sure you were ready to handle. Aaron tapped your hand.

"Are you coming?"