The date

You asked your parent for a ride, ecstatic to be with Michael at the mall.

We should be safe.

Speaking of your squip saying creepy stuff, who was it talking about?

The person I'm talking about is another squip. He's become... A little ambitious. That's all I'm saying, and I trust you can date Michael alone without crashing and burning. I'm shutting down.

Just like that, the squip was quiet. You could feel its thoughts and functions ceasing to exist while you walked into the mall. As you entered the food court, you caught a glimpse of that familiar red hoodie. Michael was studying his arm, waiting at a table in front of a Japanese restaurant. As you neared, he noticed you and quickly pulled his sleeve down, embarrassed about nothing at all. "Hey, (Y/N). So, uh, are we shopping? Or just hanging? I got these coupons for ice cream, but if you don't want it, that's fine..." You shook your head, " It's fine, I just want to get what I need for the party first." You and Michael walked around the mall, and you looked at the list that the squip left for you (complete with suggestions for what stores to find them in) and picked up everything you needed. Michael offered to carry the bags, but you refused. When you sat down to eat...

You had sushi with Michael. Afterward, you just went home, waiting on your squip to reactivate.

Why I'm here- I mean I'm here. I will now asset- correction, assess- your progress. Loading memory...

This part always hurts. Not a lot, but enough.

... You did okay. Now. Here is how you will get invited to the party. Your cousin Sam? You have dirt on him. Use it. Blackmail him into telling his sister Casey to tell Brooke to take you along- say that you need to be with others, and that being so alone is starting to get to you.

And what about Michael?

He will sneak in on his own. Either that or you could try to get Michael invited. Convince them that he's fun.

Suddenly, a noise similar to feedback blasted in your ears, making you cry out.

(Y/N)! I don't dough- know what-what is going on? Are you high or drunk?

No, your mom would kill you.

(Y/N)! (Y-y/N!)

Why you?