Date Disaster

Chapter 14

Lily's POV

Today me and Brad are going on a double date with Amy and James. I've grown closer to Brad, especially since last night. I haven't really told anyone about dad because it's private but I trust him. He promised me that I could. I just hope I don't live to regret it.

We left Tristan's at lunchtime and I'm nearly home, James is dropping me, Amy and Brad off at each of our houses and we are all meeting up later.

"Mum?" I ask, shutting the front door behind me.

"Lily! Sweetheart, how was the party? How are the girls? Please tell me you didn't do drugs?"

I roll my eyes and giggle at my mum interigating me as soon as I step into the house.

Typical. I put my bags in my room and go to the lounge to see mum.

"The party was good, the girls are fine and I didn't do drugs. What have you been up to?" I ask.

"Erm.....oh.....nothing really" she replies, blushing slightly.

Weird.

"I'm going out tonight with Brad, James and Amy like a double date"

"Oh lovely! Were are you all going?"

"Bella Italia"

"Oh really? I don't think that's a good idea"

"What? Why? I thought you were fine with me and Brad dating?" I question my mum.

"Well......I was going to... never mind... enjoy yourself. Don't be back too early hunnie. Have fun." And with that she grabs her phone and walks out of the room.

What on earth?

Why was she being so off with me?

I listen to her phone conversation. That sounds really bad I know, but she really shouldn't talk so loudly if it is a private phone call or have it right outside of the lounge door.

"Yes I know it was planned but..... yes ok...... be here after 7, I'm sure she will be out by then.........yes I will talk to her but she will want to protect me ever since well you know.......ok I love you too!.......Ok bye"

I run away from the door and pretend to be on my phone. She's got a new man I know she has, I wish she would just tell me instead of being secretive. Secrets are never a good thing. How long has she been seeing someone and not told me? I thought we told each other everything? She turns into a love sick teenager when a man is involved, it's ridiculous. My thoughts are interrupted by my phone going off.

From: Amy💛

- Picking you up in 30 mins see you soon xoxo

I run up the stairs to get ready and try to forget about mum. I change my clothes so I am now wearing a light blue dress that ends just above the knee. I wear white wedges and I plait my hair to the side, a fish tail braid. Amy taught me how to do it the other day as I'm not really a girly girl. I can't do a lot of things with my hair but Amy is like a professional.

I tidy up my makeup as it has faded a little throughout the day. I hear a car horn outside and look out of my window and spot James' car. I grab my bag and shout bye to mum. I look back and see she's on her phone. Again.

"Hey Lily!" Amy says as I get in the back of James' car. "I spot you did your hair in a fish tail it looks lovely!" She says. I thank her, but it's half hearted, I'm not really listening. I'm looking at mum. She's laughing, smiling, giggling. If someone makes her happy she shouldn't hide it from me.