Official

Chapter 9

I have absolutely no idea where I'm going on my date with Brad and it seems everybody knows apart from me. Earlier, I received an annoying text from Emily, hinting that she knows what Brad has planned.

From: Emily💖

-Good luck for tonight babe, you won't need! Brad has planned an amazing night and no I'm not telling you what it is ;) xxxxx

I tried to put the text to the back of my mind and focus on what to wear. How am I meant to decide on what clothes to chose if I don't know what we are doing?

To: Emily 💖

-I know you can't tell me, but help me out. What kind of clothes should I wear?? Xxxx

Luckily I receive a text from her a few minutes later. Thank goodness she replied so quick, otherwise Brad would arrive and I would still be deciding on what to wear. Every boys worst nightmare, a girl taking forever to pick clothes.

From: Emily 💖

-Nothing like a dress or a skirt. I would go for jeans with a top because there's a bit of walking. OMG I've already said too much! You'll love it! Xxx

I do as she says. I choose a red pair of jeans and a white loose t shirt, tucked in. I plait the two little side bits of my hair that frame my face and tie them around the back of my head. I do the usual make up but put on a red lipstick to match my jeans. I put my black converse on. If I can't wear a skirt or a dress I'm guessing I can't wear heels or wedges either. I'm about to leave my house when I get a text.

From: Brad💃

-Look under your front door mat. The date begins ;) xxxx

What on earth is this boy up to?

I follow his instructions and look under the mat. I find an envelop, inside is a letter.

Head over to the hill and await further instructions :)

I do as the letter says and walk though the muddy terrain to arrive at the hill, good job I wore converse. Emily was right, jeans were a good idea.

I get to the hill and I can't see Brad. Then I spot a piece of paper fluttering under a rock. Another letter.

Turn left and start walking into the woods,don't worry it's not that dark I'v made sure of that

He knows I hate the dark and he wants me to go into the woods, is he mad? I do as the letter says and see a single tea light candle at the entrance of the woods. I look down the path and see it has been lit up by about 15 of these candles and see Brad standing in the middle with a smile on his face. I walk over to him and give him a big hug. He gets me by my hands and drags me away from the candles.

"You can't leave them there!" I say to Brad gigging " It's like littering"

"It's fine don't worry! We can pick them up later. Anyway we have a date to enjoy, now close your eyes" he says.

"Why?" I ask.

"Just do it, it's a surprise!"

I do as he says and close my eyes. Suddenly I feel him carry me over his shoulder, I scream a little as I had my eyes shut, I have no idea what is going on. I hear him giggle at my scream, I'm such a baby.

"You better have your eyes still shut otherwise you will ruin it. Don't open them until I give you the all clear!"

I have my eyes firmly shut and feel Brad lie me down on my back on an uncomfortable surface. Where are we?