"And considering my stepdad is a vampire, he'll smell your mark on me before he even knows what you look like." She continues, still fighting the giggles, but my eyes widen in shock.

"Wait...hold on. Your stepdad is a vampire?!"

She wipes her eyes of tears and looks up at me, a flicker of worry in her expression.

"That's not a problem...is it?"

I shake my head, realizing how it sounded.

"No, not at all. I was just surprised because you never brought it up before...neither me or the pack holds anything against peaceful vampires."

I reassure vehemently, and she sighs in relief.

"Thank the Goddess, you worried me for a minute there."

She turns back to the stove to take out the biscuits and fix our plates, and a thought comes to mind.

"Does that mean your brother Alec is half vampire?" I ponder out loud.

"Yep. Half vampire, half witch. The twins Viktor and Dinara are half human and half vampire...they haven't shown signs of magic yet."

My thoughts skid to yet another halt.

"Who are Viktor and Dinara?"

She whips around so quickly that I jump in surprise, her stunned look slightly exaggerated.

"I never told you about my baby brother and sister!? The twins?!"

I shake my head and she face palms.

"Oh my Goddess...I'm a terrible big sister...how could I forget?"

I brush a strand of hair behind her ear, trying to calm her down somehow.

"It's alright baby doll, you can tell me about them right now."

Tempest

"Come on Butch, I'm trying to concentrate here."

I scold as I'm trying to finish the last touches on the cake I just made, the homemade red velvet treat my moms favorite dessert. I decided since Butch's mom insisted on holding dinner here at the pack house and cooking dinner for all of us, the least I could do was make dessert with my free time.

However, I've found that concentrating on icing the cake is difficult while dealing with a touchy-feely Alpha.

"Come on babydoll, you've been at this for hours..." He whines, his fingers going under the back of my shirt as his mouth lingers over the mark he gave me this morning...it's even more distracting than when he touches my birthmark.

I sigh and put the last touch on it, smiling triumphantly. It looks damn good if I do say so myself.

"There, I'm done. Are you happy now?" I ask him as I let him take one quick look at the cake before covering it with the lid.

"Not quite babydoll...you missed a spot." He answers, and I turn around to give him a look.

"Where?" I say while raising an eyebrow, and he grins deviously just as he smears some left over cake batter on my cheek.