"Lower you voice with me. I am your father!" He yells.

"My father doesn't disappear and come back to raise his wife and daughter to be a coward like you!"

He slaps me in the face. I go silent. I can't believe he just did that. I'm gonna preach today.

"Don't get mad because the truth hurts," I say and walk out.

"Mom, let's go."

"Honey, why. Where's your father?"

"He's not my father," I mumble.

"Honey, we're moving with your father."

"No. Mom. I'll explain it when we get in the car," I say.

Once we get in the car I tell her about it "Dad is a coward, mom. He stole someone's money and he knows that dad has his money. He wants us to go to a different country so the guy he owes money to doesn't find him," I say.

"Your father is not a thief, honey."

"Mom! What other reason would he come back after over two years for?!"

"Oh, wow. How much money are we talking about?"

"Over a million dollars," I say.

"I can't believe what I'm hearing. I thought we would have a happily ever after story but no."

"He doesn't have the balls to just be the hero and give the money back to him," I say.

"Okay who is he? The guy your father owes money to?"

"His name is Zayn," I confess.

"Oh, I can't believe I'm saying this but we have to do something about this."

"Like what? Steal the money from him?"

"Guess so," she says.

"You can distract him while I sneak and get the money," I smile knowing the plan will work.

"Yeah, okay. It's a plan."

"But mom, we have to get him to our house," I say.

"I have his number. I'll call him right now."

"It's dialing."

Seconds later he's on the phone.

Mom: hey honey how about your come to my house.

Dad: oh um uh sure

Mom: okay oh and our daughter wants to leave to the country. She's sorry and she doesn't want to fight.

Dad: alright bye

She hangs up "Mom, why'd you say that?

"I lied just play nice until the police arrive when we catch him."

"Oh. Smart thinking mom," I say impressed.

"Yep," she winks.

We drive home and hours later dad arrives.

"Hey money. I mean honey," mom says to dad.

"Hey, what's up?" dad says to mom.

I'm not in the house. I'm outside in the backyard. Mom left my room window open a little so I could sneak and get the money. My phone buzzes and I see that Zayn put his number in my phone to text me. It read, hey. I ignore it. I slowly, quietly get the window open and tip toe to the living room to see my mom distracting my dad.

I hide behind a wall and hear "You can put your things right there," my mom tell my dad.

They're making out. Gross.

I extend my arm to reach the duffle bag my dad had brought in and slide it over to the wall I was hiding behind. I look inside the bag to see tons of stacks of money. I tip toe back to my room to call the cops.

I whisper to them my address and tell them we have a thief in our house. To make it seem like he stole it from us so I can give it back to Zayn.

Five minutes later "Freeze! Put your hands in the air!" The cops open the door which was unlocked.

"Who in here is James Connerson?" The cops ask.

Then I jump out and point to dad.

They handcuff him and my dad looks at both of us with anger "You two set me up?"

"Yep," I tell him.

"Your a terrible father," my mom tells him.

They take him away and put him in the cop car.

"Where's the money?" The cops ask.

I pull the duffle bag out and open it.

"Alright well have a good evening, you two," the cops say kindly.

"Mom, drive me there?" I ask her.

"Of course honey," she says knowing I mean to Zayn's house to return the money.

Ten minutes of driving and we finally arrive at his house.

I run to his doorstep and knock on his door.

Soon he opens the door "Eva, what are you doing here?"

I hand the duffle bag to him "Open it," I say.

He opens the bag and sees it "Eva. This is all the money."

"Yep," I say.

"Thank you so much. How'd you get it and your father-" I cut him off.

"Shh. My father is going to jail and it wasn't all me who got it for you, me and my mom had a plan."

"Tell your mom I said thank you very much," he says.

"I will," I say with a toothy smile.

I hug him and he hugs me back. I feel his warm embrace and I don't want to let go but painfully, I do.

I let go and smile once again then go back home.

I lay on my couch once we're home and think to myself, what a good day it is.

Hi loves. Hope your enjoying the story!

Xoxox
,Tia:)

The Missing Girlजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें