When Formalities Are Forgotten. [A Student/Teacher Love Story] (5)

Start from the beginning

"Nah, only joking. Of course I like you. And you're here because I found one of my students crying in the hall way when she should have been in a lesson. I care that you're upset because it's my responsibility to...plus, it's never nice seeing a pretty girl crying."

He smiled innocently at me and I didn't know what to think. 'Pretty girl'? Half of me said pervert, and the other half told me that he was just been charming and helping me feel better. I preferred the latter, so I stuck to that thought. I smiled back.

"Pretty girl? I think you've pulled the wrong girl into your classroom."

"Oh. Pfft," He waved his hand in dismissal. "Whatever. Tell me why you're crying, Jas."

I sighed. "You're not going to let this go, are you?" As I spoke, I turned sideways in my chair so I was facing him and received that smirk of his. Great. Although it was quite a nice smirk he had going on, it was an arrogant one.

He replied with a simple 'no'. With a groan of frustration, I began to tell him what happened. I planned to edit the story a bit, but I found myself telling him everything. And I mean EVERYTHING. From the day I met Matt, actually...I told him everything that had gone wrong and everything that had upset me. I told him about how much I thought I liked him but in a few days I would probably remember how much of a dick he was to me all these months.

And what shocked me most was that Mr Hinchcliffe actually looked like he was listening and his facial expressions made it seem like he actually cared. It made me feel warm for a minute...but then I realised that his caring persona probably wouldn't keep up. Soon enough he'd be back to teasing me and been the arrogant idiot that no one else knew. I shook that thought out of my mind and carried on telling him about what had happened.

I was just about to tell him what had happened today when I heard the screeching of the school bell, making us both jump. I saw Mr Hinchcliffe rub his face with his hands and heard him sigh slightly as went to lean down and pick up my school bag. The sound of a gentle cough stopped me and I turned in my chair to face him.

"Yeah, Mr Hinchcliffe?" I asked, I could feel a puzzled look dominating my expression.

"You're not in a rush to get home, are you?" He asked.

I shook my head. "No. Nobody's home, my Dad is working and I don't particularly want to be alone right now."

"I can see that...so, stay. Sit back down and finish what you were telling me. Besides, you still haven't stopped completely crying."

I nodded in agreement, I wouldn't mind staying if I was honest. It's not that I hated been at home alone, it's just that when I was upset and I went back to an empty house the atmosphere just always got to me, you know? It always seemed more tense and upsetting than it actually was.

"Good," He replied as we both returned to sitting in our previous positions.

"Oh, and call me Marc out of school times. Mr Hinchcliffe sounds so...formal. And look at me-" He waved an arm up and down, gesturing to himself. "-I am NOT a formal person." He ended the sentence in a small laugh, and I laughed with him and nodded.

"Okay. Well Ma-" I was cut off mid sentence by a brisk, loud knock on the classroom door. I sighed lightly and earned one of Mr Hinchcliffe's...sorry, Marc's, infamous smirks. However, the smirk left his face quickly and was replaced with a look of annoyance as he got up to answer the door.

A girl from my year called Natasha Michaels walked in. Oh, this was just perfect...she was the popular girl in our year. You know, the one who everyone wanted to be and had to bow down to? Yeah. And to be honest, she was completely perfect looking. Long blonde hair, hazel eyes that seemed to sparkle and an hourglass body.