The Clandestine Band Boy And I. [A Romance; A Boy With A Secret] (1)

HEY YOU! YES, YOU, READING THIS! SKIP THIS CHAPTER AND GO TO THE NEXT ONE, I RE WROTE THIS CHAPTER TO MAKE IT BETTER! :) <3

*/ New story, unexpected romance with quite a bit of a twist. It's a good twist though, you'll enjoy it :D /*

I glanced over at my friend Becky and grinned, her grinning back as neither of us could believe what we were hearing. This seemed impossible, unbelievable, unexpected...and absolutely bloody fantastic! I'd have never thought that my Dad would ever let me leave the house for almost a week by myself, unsupervised and without a responsible adult within a good 30 miles. But he was, and I was so shocked I couldn't find words.

"We have decided that, because of the brilliant way you two girls have handled your high school career and also because of your impeccable grades, that you deserve a reward. So yes, you can attend Glastonbury festival this year...on ONE condition."

I heard my father's matter-of-factly voice and nodded in anticipation. I honestly couldn't care less about any condition, just that I was finally going to a music festival!

Me and my best ever friend, Becky Montgomery, were sat in my front lounge with each of our parents. We had been harassing them for weeks and dropping hints about going to Glastonbury, but never outright said anything. Until a couple of days ago when they announced this 'meeting' to us, we thought that all of our hard work had gone unnoticed. Oh, how wrong we were.

We listened intently as Becky's Dad explained to us the one condition that we had to follow. After I heard it, my mouth literally dropped. I was expecting it to be something like 'don't share a tent with any boys' or 'call us every hour so we know you've not been attacked by drug fuelled, alcoholic festival goers', but it wasn't.

"All you have to do is call us once a night at 11PM on the dot; so that we know that you are safe and sound. We also want you to call us when you first arrive so that we know you arrived safely, and on the train home so we know when to expect you back. There's no excuse to not call as we've picked a time that is a full hour past festival curfew, and if you don't call then we're heading straight there to pick you up. And you both know that that isn't an empty threat."

We nodded in agreement; we both DID know it wasn't an empty threat. We're talking about the parents who sent out a search party because Becky snuck round to mine one night so we could eat Rocky Road ice-cream and bitch about the hell hole of a school that we then attended. And when I say 'search party', I literally mean there were 20 people out looking for her. Even my Dad, and we hadn't even realised that he had left the house.

Our parents left us in the room and we both squealed in excitement, jumping up and hugging each other. We were obsessing about what to pack, what drink to take, where to camp, what bands to see...right up until an hour later, when Becky's parents shouted her and said they had to leave. As we said goodbye, we agreed that we would tell the others at school tomorrow. Obviously, it wasn't just me and Becky who were going to Glastonbury; quite a few of our friends were going, too, and that was part of the reason we were been allowed to go. Because there's 'safety in numbers' apparently. Yeah sure, whatever, they obviously haven't seen me and Becky with our friends.

As you've probably guessed by now, my parents are overly strict. They call it protective and wanting to look after their only daughter; I, however, call it oppression. They don't like the fact that I'm growing up and becoming independent...which I guess I can understand, been their only child and all. And allowing me to go to Glastonbury? Well, that was a huge step.

Forgive me for not introducing myself, I'm Holly Smith and I'm going to Glastonbury festival in just under a week. Yeah! I live with my overly strict parents in Leeds, UK and I'm seventeen years of age. It's a shit age is seventeen; just before 18 and just after 16, so you're stuck in limbo only able to do half the stuff you want to legally. Not that it stopped us, though. Becky was on 20-a-day and we went out every Friday night after telling our parents we were at each other's houses. Surprisingly, it actually worked. Trust me; I wasn't the angel that my parents thought I was. Glastonbury was going to be such a mash up and I couldn't wait.

* * * * * 

I looked at my reflection in the mirror as I thought about how much I wouldn't miss these early mornings, thank god I'm leaving school in a few days. Well, leaving compulsory education...I was coming back for sixth form, but I guess that was a hell of a lot different. For a start, I didn't have to start the day until 10am.

After contemplating changing my outfit, I decided against it. It was only school, and I looked okay. I had pulled my grey skinny jeans on and teamed them with an off the shoulder, oversized black Ramones shirt. I slipped on my red Converse All Star's and added red beads around my neck, completing the look. My light, chestnut brown hair flowed pretty neatly to just above my waist and my fringe flowed just above one eye. I had decided against using much make-up, and had stuck to just a slick of eyeliner and a thin coat of mascara. I loved my eyes, and they deserved to be framed and stand out from the rest of my features. They were an icy blue; yet warm at the same time. About the only thing, as well as my hair, that I liked about my body. 

I smiled to myself and bounded down the stairs, the scent of frying bacon filling my nostrils.

"Something smells good," I complimented my Mum as I entered the kitchen, because it really did. "Any going for me?"

"Sure, sweetie." She spoke sweetly, and placed two pieces of bacon in between two slices of bread. I thanked her and took it, devouring it before I had to leave for school.

My Mum was the soft touch out of her and my Dad, and if I ever wanted anything I asked her for it. She was more likely to say yes. Not only that, but she was a younger mum, which meant she could relate to and help me with pretty much anything. It was really, really awesome and I don't know what I would do without her.

I glanced up at her as I ate. Her short, dark brown hair bounced just above her shoulders, and a purple summer dress flowed to her ankles. It tied around her neck and pinched in at the waist, then went down and skimmed her curves perfectly. That was my favourite dress of hers; I planned to steal it for Glastonbury.

"How are you, sweetie?" My mum asked, and I glanced at my watch.

"Late," I replied, "I'll catch you when I get home. Have a good day." I jumped out of my chair and left the house in a rush, immediately bumping into Becky.

"Why are you stood on my driveway?" I asked curiously, I usually met her at her house to walk to school as it was only a minute down the road. I then noticed the silver BMW behind her...gosh, her parents spoiled her. It was beautiful, though, classy and sexy at the same time. The windows were tinted and the roof was retractable, and at this moment the roof was off and the sun beamed down onto the cream, leather interior.

"New car!!!" She shrieked, and I laughed with her. "I thought I'd give you a ride."

I nodded. Hey, I wasn't complaining if she was offering to drive me to school! I climbed into the passenger seat...well, I jumped. I'd always wanted to jump over a closed door of a convertible, so I did...and received a death glare from Becky.

"Whoa! Watch it! I don't shit money, you know."

"No," I giggled in reply, "But you're parents do!"

We both laughed, then Becky began to drive us to school. I flicked on the stereo and turned it to RockerRadioFM, but sighed when I realised that their news cast was on.

"BORINGGGGG." I exclaimed, earning me a look of annoyance from Becky. She motioned at me to shush, and turned up the radio. We listened as the woman's voice gabbled on, and I immediately realised why Becky was so determined to listen.

"This year's Glastonbury festival is going to be the best in a long time, according to external sources. The weather is going to be prime for festival season and they have some of the best bands of this year lined up. Acts so far announced include All Time Low, Fall Out Boy, Dizzee Rascal, Eminem, Muse, Blink 182, 30 Seconds To Mars, Paramore, Lostprophets and many, many more! It really will be the place to be this weekend, and if you weren't lucky enough to get tickets then we have a live broadcast, starting this Friday at 7pm."

I looked at Becky and we both grinned, ear to ear. This festival was going to be brilliant, and I couldn't wait until we told the others that we could go. By now, we had pulled in at the school car park and could see our friends waiting for us in the same spot as always.

I inhaled. This was going to be brilliant.

*/ Comment and vote please! Let me know if you like it :3 Also, check out When Formalities Are Forgotten. [A Student/Teacher Romance] on my page, you might like that, too :D Love <3 /*